Vampirella #1 in stores today.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
    Vampirella number one seems like a fine kicking off place for the new series. Granted the action seems a little slow at this point. . . but as this looks to be a monthly comic, 30 days isnít that long to wait for the next installment (not like the gawd-awful wait between the Harris Vampirella Quarterlies). I like the dark mood set in the writing and the art. Hopefully the dialogue will improve with time . . . as it seems a bit stilted. Iím not worried about Vampirellaís costume or eye color . . . Iím waiting to see what is in store. Harris took a lot of wacky chances with Vampirella Ė so I doubt Dynamite can screw here up too badly. I think the bat pendent Sheís wearing is a bit silly. Too big to be practical . . . and if sheís traveling undercover (as she appears to be) that huge piece of Jewelry is a dead-tip-off . . . síall Iím sayín
    Re: your complaints about the pendant

Are you trying to force function onto fashion?

Comment

Vampirella in costume 4 issue #2???? I CANT WAIT!!!! I believe the bat necklace was added after editors decided there needed 2 b some sort of Vampirella character recongnization.....

Comment

Originally posted by MandyOToole View Post
        Vampirella in costume 4 issue #2???? I CANT WAIT!!!! I believe the bat necklace was added after editors decided there needed 2 b some sort of Vampirella character recongnization.....
        ...or, the writer included it in the script from the beginning, for reasons that will become clear in the opening scene of the next issue. It's not just a fashion affectation or accessory.

-E

Comment

Wagner Reis interview from Newsarama: In the first pages I did Trautman and Joe felt something was missing, something that could identify Vampirella and suggested a pendant just like the bird on her swimsuit, so we could identify her in a first moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Wagner Reis View Post
            like the bird on her swimsuit
            W H A T ???? That is a bat...

Comment

so, I finally got to pick up my Vampirella#1.

and I am now even more enthusiastic about the relaunch! You guys did a great job and I actually trust you to come up with a reintroduction of the costume that fits the occasion, so to say.
              I also though it nice that you cared to reply to this question in the letters section of #1 already.

And a big applause for the one-shot "looking for Mr. Goodwin". This was a very nice tribute to the legend and history of Vampirella - an the costume also was covered (can we say covered here?) in #1!

As for the main story I am totally waiting for #2, the cliffhanger is great. It seems like you have a lot to tell and take the wide curve here.
              The artwork is very good although there is one thing that I particulary dislike on portraits of Vampires: when they sport their fangs while their lips are closed (Vampi closup page3) this gives them a debile and silly look.
              I am not sure if I am alone here but I think this should be avoided... have you actually ever tried that with your teeth? totally not possible anatomically and makes the facial expression stupid to me...

other than that... I am curious what the huge bat (!) neclace is going to be.

anyone elese felt like being thrown into the Vampire:Masqerade with the club and all? Carmilla (Camarilla...) ... I like the RPG and their world of Vampires so i don't care.

fishing for new readers without T&A approach in the first 1 (or 2) issues shows that there is more to it than T&A. Good idea in my book, may actually work.
              As long as there will be T&A starting book 3

So what else to say... wlecome back, Vampirella, I missed you.
              wanna drop your coat?

Comment

Originally posted by electron View Post
                so, I finally got to pick up my Vampirella#1.

and I am now even more enthusiastic about the relaunch! You guys did a great job and I actually trust you to come up with a reintroduction of the costume that fits the occasion, so to say.
                I also though it nice that you cared to reply to this question in the letters section of #1 already.

And a big applause for the one-shot "looking for Mr. Goodwin". This was a very nice tribute to the legend and history of Vampirella - an the costume also was covered (can we say covered here?) in #1!

As for the main story I am totally waiting for #2, the cliffhanger is great. It seems like you have a lot to tell and take the wide curve here.
                The artwork is very good although there is one thing that I particulary dislike on portraits of Vampires: when they sport their fangs while their lips are closed (Vampi closup page3) this gives them a debile and silly look.
                I am not sure if I am alone here but I think this should be avoided... have you actually ever tried that with your teeth? totally not possible anatomically and makes the facial expression stupid to me...

other than that... I am curious what the huge bat (!) neclace is going to be.

anyone elese felt like being thrown into the Vampire:Masqerade with the club and all? Carmilla (Camarilla...) ... I like the RPG and their world of Vampires so i don't care.

fishing for new readers without T&A approach in the first 1 (or 2) issues shows that there is more to it than T&A. Good idea in my book, may actually work.
                As long as there will be T&A starting book 3

So what else to say... wlecome back, Vampirella, I missed you.
                wanna drop your coat?
                Actually, "Carmilla" is a reference to a vampire story from the 1800s, written by Sheridan Le Fanu. Le Fanu was a preeminent writer of gothics, suspense, ghost, and supernatural stories in his day, but he's largely forgotten now.

That said, I did set the story in Seattle in part because of friends of mine who were old school Cam members for YEARS.

-E

Comment

doh.. yeah, now that you say it... I know that story

Comment

Working...
                  X