Clear All

• Vampirella # 1 (Review) (SPOILERS)

Title: Vampirella # 1
    Publisher: Dynamite Entertainment
    Written by: Eric Trautmann
    Illustrated by: Wagner Reis
    Lettered by: Marshall Dillon
    Colors by: Inlight Studio
    Covers by: J. Scott Campbell, Alex Ross, Jelena Kevic-Djurdjevic, Joe Maduriera, Alex Ross
    Price: $ 3.99 US
    Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
    Comments: Vampirella appears from the shadows in a dark ally. She is there to help the innocent. To help those in need. Those not strong enough to help themselves. She explodes into action. She is death and sex in high heels. Vampires and other creatures of the night beware. She is on the trail of Dracula.
    They do need a spell checker on this comic.
    Vampires here are not romantic. These vampires are about feeding. Their Mistress Le Fanu now she is more than just a vampire.
    Vampirella`s new look here hopefully will not last. There is nothing wrong with it but it is not her bathing suit that is featured on the covers. The action is what you expect from this warrior vampire. She will be the death of all evil.
    "Looking For Mr. Goodwin" was originally published in Vampirella monthly # 18 August 1999. Presented here by Storytellers Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale and Letterers Richard Starkings & Comiccraft``s Wes Abbot. Vampirella comes to Archie Goodwin to get him to write her story. This story and the art play up her mysteriousness and it implies she may be more than a fictional character. This is one entertaining story.
    Vampirella is a classic character. This vampiress from beyond the stars or Hell`s darkest corner is more than your ready for.

Richard Vasseur
    www.jazmaonline.com
    Last edited by Richv1; 12-05-2010, 02:00 PM. Reason: .

Publisher

Thanks Richard!

Comment

Hi, i'm new here to these boards. I picked up Vampirella last week at my local comic shop. I got the Joe Mad cover, it instantly attracted my attention when i saw it and i asked the shop attendent if it was worth picking up since i knew nothing of the character. He mentioned it was a good issue since you guys are relaunching her in this series and i have to say after reading it you definitely have to curious about this character. Tho i do have to say the art was confusing at time with some of the action or visual storytelling. I'll be picking up issue two to see how thing progress. Good work so far

Comment

glad to have you on board!

Dynamite is re-releasing some very good trades of older Vampirella arcs in case the character suits you

Different storytelling and different art to be found throughout the years of Vampirella existence... that is for sure!!

Comment

I would get some of those trades except I have all the original Warren magazines already. They really knew how to make a great magazine back then.

Richard Vasseur
          www.jazmaonline.com
          Last edited by Richv1; 01-20-2011, 12:28 PM. Reason: .

Comment

This is the first time I'm giving the character a chance and so far I'm liking what the team at DE is doing.
            I'm glad I'm not steeped in Vampi lore cause I'm sure somethings are a bit different or tweaked. About the only element I caught was the reference to her being from a planet full of vamps.

Comment

Vampirella #2-3 (Reviews) (SPOILERS)

Title: Vampirella # 2
              Illustrated by: Wagner Reis and Fabniano Neves
              Covers by: Jelena Kevic-Djurdjevic, Joe Jusko, Paul Renaud, Lucio Parrillo
              Comments: Vampirella has found a next of vampires all young inexperienced except for one. Le Fanu is old and different from the others.
              The illusion of Vampirella is written with a way of descriptiveness that gives her a dark sexy attitude.
              The fight between the two versions of Vampirella is bloody, brutal, savage and sexy. A couple nice butt shots accompany it to.
              Le Fanu may be old and dusty and powerful and she may think she has broken Vampirella. Many have thought they could. None have though and Le Fanu is no different.
              Vampirella's new necklace is a lot more than an ordinary necklace. It is one extraordinary weapon in the battle against darkness.
              This new version of Vampirella may not dress as revealing or sexy but she is just as deadly. She has a whole new bag of tricks.
              The essiantal essence of Vampirella is still here.
              Vampirella is back and on the hunt.

Title: Vampirella # 3
              Illustrated by: Wagner Reis and Fabniano Neves
              Covers by: Jelena Kevic-Djurdjevic, Sean Chen, Rodolifo Migliari, Ale Garza
              Comments: Vampirella faces off against Le Fanu she is an old vampire and perhaps more.
              Vampirella's butt is drawn sexy and tight in her black pants.
              The battle brings down the building literally. She is one destructive vamp.
              Dracula is illustrated as a pale creature ewith the flow of evil around him. The evil in him just flows out cascading forward. So when there is a evil greater than his Vampirella takes notice. It is drawn in one magnificent double page spread.
              Her look is different here for Vampirella. She is no bathing suit, almost naked babe. She is fully dressed and fully armed. She has a cute butt to and can still kick it.
              Vampirella is still death in high heels.

Richard Vasseur
              www.jazmaonline.com
              Last edited by Richv1; 03-13-2011, 03:52 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Working...
              X