Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RS/QS - when do the current story arcs end?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RS/QS - when do the current story arcs end?

    I'm looking for a jumping off point for awhile, but want to make sure I have the issues up to a logical point so that I can resume with TPB's, assuming those get printed.

    I've slowed down on my reading, I'm getting behind, and I need a break. I'm sorta confused with RS and QS running concurrently now. I know RS ran up to issue #49, and then it shifted to Queen Sonja for issues 1 - 10, but now starting with RS #50 it is a new story arc. And then I find my store has pulled new QS issues for me. I thought that title was done.

    Anyone have a list of the current story arcs, where they started, and when they will stop?

  • #2
    ... and for me, please, where do they fit into the chronological timeline?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Red Bryan View Post
      ... and for me, please, where do they fit into the chronological timeline?
      In the case of my stuff on Red Sonja, I'm viewing this as roughly around the period the character was introduced in the main Conan The Barbarian book in the '70s; so just after Song of Red Sonja.

      -E

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by agentalbert View Post
        I'm looking for a jumping off point for awhile, but want to make sure I have the issues up to a logical point so that I can resume with TPB's, assuming those get printed.

        I've slowed down on my reading, I'm getting behind, and I need a break. I'm sorta confused with RS and QS running concurrently now. I know RS ran up to issue #49, and then it shifted to Queen Sonja for issues 1 - 10, but now starting with RS #50 it is a new story arc. And then I find my store has pulled new QS issues for me. I thought that title was done.

        Anyone have a list of the current story arcs, where they started, and when they will stop?
        My first arc ran from #51 to #54 (all released at this point, no idea when the TPB will hit); #55 (out soon) is a done-in-one epilogue of sorts for the #51-#54 arc, though, with minimal fuss and bother you can probably figure out what's going on.

        The next arc starts with #56, and runs to #60 or so, and does build some from what happened in that first arc, but, hopefully, I've done my job recapping it sufficiently, so you won't be lost.

        Hope that helps.

        -E

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by eric_trautmann View Post
          My first arc ran from #51 to #54 (all released at this point, no idea when the TPB will hit); #55 (out soon) is a done-in-one epilogue of sorts for the #51-#54 arc, though, with minimal fuss and bother you can probably figure out what's going on.

          The next arc starts with #56, and runs to #60 or so, and does build some from what happened in that first arc, but, hopefully, I've done my job recapping it sufficiently, so you won't be lost.

          Hope that helps.

          -E
          Whoops. I should add: I'm talking about Red Sonja, not Queen Sonja. My bad.

          -E

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by eric_trautmann View Post
            My first arc ran from #51 to #54 (all released at this point, no idea when the TPB will hit); #55 (out soon) is a done-in-one epilogue of sorts for the #51-#54 arc, though, with minimal fuss and bother you can probably figure out what's going on.

            The next arc starts with #56, and runs to #60 or so, and does build some from what happened in that first arc, but, hopefully, I've done my job recapping it sufficiently, so you won't be lost.

            Hope that helps.

            -E
            No, I got it, that was helpful. Going back through the issues it seems that we have:

            Red Sonja 0- 49
            Queen Sonja 1 - 10
            Red Sonja 50 is pretty much a standalone issue
            New long arc starts with Red Sonja #51
            New Queen Sonja Arc starts with #11

            Comment


            • #7
              Can someone help me understand what's happening with Red Sonja... I picked up two issues last two weeks and I really am lost.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by zirron View Post
                Can someone help me understand what's happening with Red Sonja... I picked up two issues last two weeks and I really am lost.
                You're probably confused because you picked up the final chapter and the epilogue of a five part story.

                [Spoilers below]

























                In earlier parts, we see Sonja -- at an earlier stage of her career -- working for a mercenary company, engaged in a losing battle after being hired by a would-be usurper of the Argossean throne.

                Along with several men under her command, she engages in a secret mission to a city-state of Shem, where she believes a blessed weapon that will turn the tide of the battle resides.

                Pursued by a rival mercenary -- Cavvalus, a Kothian -- who also seeks the weapon, it becomes a holding action.

                If you've read the end of the story, then, you see the weapon is not all what it seems, and that -- though the battle against Cavvalus is "won," it comes at a very high price.

                Comment

                Working...
                X