Ron Goulart Vampirella Novels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Goulart Vampirella Novels

I've been dying to ask this, so now that I can post here it's the first thing I'm gonna do.

Does or will DE have the rights to reissue the original six Ron Goulart Vampirella novels?

I would love to have them but they are very difficult to come by in great condition. I thought with the re release of the magazines from that era they might be willing to do the novels too. I really hope so. Please consider this an official request.

Please let me know what you think about it.

I got these way back when they originally came out. Don't know if you're aware of this, but these are prose "novelizations" (similar to what DC has done with some of their big "event" series, Death & Life of Superman, Knightfall, Kingdom Come, Infinite Crisis, 52, Countdown), NOT original stories. So, if you're getting the Crimson Chronicles Omnibus, (or Vampirella Archives hardcovers) you'll basically be reading the same stories in comic form.
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Oh, thanks. I had no idea they were the same stories.
      I finally broke down and bought a complete set off eBay for a pretty penny, but they haven't arrived yet. I'm also collecting all the new and reissued stuff too, so I guess I'll have the story in both forms now. I'm great with it, though - can't have too much Vampirella

Comment

This is not to say because the stories are not original, that the novels were not very enjoyable. Back in the day, before comprehensive reprint volumes were available, Vampi's adventures were serialized as short adventures in Warren's VAMPIRELLA black & white magazine. Distribution was always spotty in those days before the dedicated comic book shops. Reading the novels by Goulart was an excellent way of catching up on the continuity of Vampi that I'd missed, having only certain issues but not by any means a complete run. The storyline in all six novels adapts the very long running "Cult of Chaos" storyline from the Warren era.
        DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Working...
        X