Teaser image from Red Sonja #56

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teaser image from Red Sonja #56

A couple days ago, I posted a teaser image -- inked, but not lettered or colored yet -- of the opening splash panel of Red Sonja 56. Art by Noah Salonga.

Enjoy!

-E

Very nice, good to know the flagship Sonja title is in good hands both artwise and writingwise.

Comment

Originally posted by themightyflip View Post
      Very nice, good to know the flagship Sonja title is in good hands both artwise and writingwise.
      Thanks for the vote of confidence!

-E

Comment

I am a big fan of the Red Sonja comic line, Queen Sonja art work is dropping off the cliff fast, but this seek peek of Red Sonja comic art gives me hope that the main line of Sonja has some life left in her after all! keep knocking it out, looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by comichero View Post
          I am a big fan of the Red Sonja comic line, Queen Sonja art work is dropping off the cliff fast, but this seek peek of Red Sonja comic art gives me hope that the main line of Sonja has some life left in her after all! keep knocking it out, looks great.
          At the risk of sounding immodest, I'm unreasonably proud of the run I've had thus far on Sonja. I've had tremendous good fortune with the illustrators I've been working with -- Walter Geovani is a perfect collaborator, delivering a wonderful blend of character acting and action (and he's off now doing what I assume is equally excellent work on P. Brett's upcoming Sonja one-shot); Patrick Berkenkotter did a terrific job delivering a "done-in-one" that reminded me an awful lot of Ernie Chan linework, and Noah Salonga seems to be knocking it out of the park with the upcoming arc.

Most fun I've had in comics yet.

So, yeah, I hope you stick around. Good stuff comin'.

-E

Comment

Very glad to hear you're sticking around. This book is definitely worth the (long, long, LOOONG) wait between issues. It's also starting to get some good reviews, which it definitely deserves.

Love the Noah Salonga art too, keep posting some previews

Comment

Originally posted by ZACH View Post
              Very glad to hear you're sticking around. This book is definitely worth the (long, long, LOOONG) wait between issues. It's also starting to get some good reviews, which it definitely deserves.

Love the Noah Salonga art too, keep posting some previews
              We've been monthly, or damn-near monthly, since issue 51 -- with a short delay around Christmas courtesy of the snowbound shipping delays -- so hopefully that "LOOOONG" wait problem is alleviated somewhat?

-E

Comment

Originally posted by eric_trautmann View Post
                At the risk of sounding immodest, I'm unreasonably proud of the run I've had thus far on Sonja. I've had tremendous good fortune with the illustrators I've been working with -- Walter Geovani is a perfect collaborator, delivering a wonderful blend of character acting and action (and he's off now doing what I assume is equally excellent work on P. Brett's upcoming Sonja one-shot); Patrick Berkenkotter did a terrific job delivering a "done-in-one" that reminded me an awful lot of Ernie Chan linework, and Noah Salonga seems to be knocking it out of the park with the upcoming arc.

Most fun I've had in comics yet.

So, yeah, I hope you stick around. Good stuff comin'.

-E
                Thanks for the words, Eric.I loved Patrick´s work on RS#55.We all hope you stay on the book for a long long time.

Comment

Ah, you're probably right Eric ... a month seems to go on forever when you're waiting for a book you really like

Comment

Good news

Glad to hear Walter wants to stay on the book. Very good news indeed.
                    It would be nice to have an arc with Sonja returning to the costume from her second Marvel series - just for a change.

Not sure about the teaser image. Seeing the perfect outline of boobs through chain mail always seems a little odd. I know she has a mighty chest but that seems a little unlikely.

Comment

I like the return to the chain mail shirt. Very BWS. It's also almost like clothing!

Wow, maybe one day we'll see Sonja fully clothed.

Comment

Originally posted by estee View Post
                        Wow, maybe one day we'll see Sonja fully clothed.
                        Somehow that just seems kinky.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiclo View Post
                          Somehow that just seems kinky.
                          I actually found some visual ref of a suit of plate mail plus tabard that I almost requested for the end of War Season.

Still thinkin' about it.

-E

Comment

If I say I don't care for the chain mail shirt, is that gonna make me sound horribly sexist?

Comment

Working...
                            X