The Boys: Butcher, Baker, Candlestickmaker #1 preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saidestroyer View Post
    Well, we never saw a God/Custer confrontation in "Preacher2 either. So maybe you'll be demanding your money back in a couple of years.
    Speaking of which, was I the only person who couldn't figure out why god didn't have the Word of God? Jesse manages to stop the Saint of Killers cold using the Word, and Cassidy manages to survive being shot by the Saint, but god himself can't manage to do either.

...and not to turn this into a Preacher thread, but I also found it a little odd that god brings all three of Preacher's main characters back from the dead at one point or another, and yet Jesse can't ever manage to be anything other than a douchebag towards/regarding him. Jesse is constantly whining about how god isn't personally making everyone's lives better, but god brings Jesse and both his retarded friends back to life, whereas the only thing Jesse ever does with the Word is rob a bank and murder a few people. The one good thing he manages to do with it is to (slightly) repair the damage that he himself did to Hoover with the Word earlier in the series.*

*Actually, I love Preacher. But let's face it, 'plot consistency' isn't Ennis's strong point. Remember how in "The Meatman Cometh", Jesse says that he's "never killed nobody before", and yet in the flashback arc "They Eat Horses, Don't They?" he's shown randomly killing people via hydraulic tools and hanging? Did those couple of murders just slip his mind or something?
    Last edited by Kamakazi; 04-28-2011, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamakazi View Post
      Speaking of which, was I the only person who couldn't figure out why god didn't have the Word of God?
      Free will. Every god's/demon's/ultra-cool Superior Being's ultimate killer.

...and not to turn this into a Preacher thread, but I also found it a little odd that god brings all three of Preacher's main characters back from the dead at one point or another, and yet Jesse can't ever manage to be anything other than a douchebag towards/regarding him. Jesse is constantly whining about how god isn't personally making everyone's lives better, but god brings Jesse and both his retarded friends back to life, whereas the only thing Jesse ever does with the Word is rob a bank and murder a few people. The one good thing he manages to do with it is to (slightly) repair the damage that he himself did to Hoover with the Word earlier in the series.
      Yep, but in the perverted Enniverse God is just a vaudeville villain, a silly overlord-wannabe who tries to buy Custer's devotion performing "Mighty Lord Love Miracles" (he even plainly admits it), and in the end he's miserably reduced to plead for his life.

It's a Catholic thing. I suppose it couldn't work as well for Allah.

(Maybe we should open a Preacher thread...)

Comment

Working...
      X