No announcement yet.

Last Phantom issue #5: Best issue yet!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Phantom issue #5: Best issue yet!

This issue of The Last Phantom was the best yet in my opinion, the story of Phantom chasinc Bock around central park and the before and after style of storytelling was fantastic, also, it would appear that the art has gotten better too even though its the same artist as in the previous issues. Its as if he applied more detail and the colorist worked overtime to creat the perfect atmosphere for this issue, everything about it was just plain awesome.
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

I loved it, the last phantom has become one of my most loved series of the month and unlike a lot of people i actually love the art! Keep this book coming out dynamite, I know others that read and enjoy it too!

Comment

A lot of these licensed properties that Dynamite does like the Phantom and Robocop feel like for me a fun action movie translated well into comics. These comics are always a fun and light read. My only complaint is that they go by so quickly - I am done reading these comics in about 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTerror View Post
        ...and unlike a lot of people i actually love the art! Keep this book coming out dynamite, I know others that read and enjoy it too!
        I guess I've missed the complaints by a "majority" that don't like the art. I also think the art is great on Last Phantom. I was just telling a friend at my LCS last Wednesday, "Look at the art on the Osborn mini from Marvel, then any of the DE books". The art is better across the board at DE and Marvel puts some Art School intern on the Osborn mini and charges $4, I don't think so.

Keep up the good work, DE!!!

Comment

Quite a few people on here were complaining about the art early on in the series but I haven't heard much rumble about it recently, but I've read alot of complaints about it through various comic review websites and whatnot. Still, it isn't too bad, not bad enough to keep someone who loves the character from reading the book or anything like that.
          Dynamite Entertainment
          Forum Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by comixfan1980 View Post
            Quite a few people on here were complaining about the art early on in the series but I haven't heard much rumble about it recently, but I've read alot of complaints about it through various comic review websites and whatnot. Still, it isn't too bad, not bad enough to keep someone who loves the character from reading the book or anything like that.
            No, the art's not so bad "to keep someone who loves the character from reading the book or anything like that." However, the concept and storyline ARE "bad enough to keep someone who loves the character from reading the book" me. I gave up on the series after #4, because what's being presented by Dynamite is NOTHING like the character I love.

My question is, why hasn't Dynamite done with the Phantom what it's done with the Green Hornet and John Carter by publishing multiple titles based on the character? That way, you can have your Last Phantom and maybe the rest of us could have a title based on Lee Falk's vision of the the character as well as a classic series of reprints?

Comment

Originally posted by General View Post
              No, the art's not so bad "to keep someone who loves the character from reading the book or anything like that." However, the concept and storyline ARE "bad enough to keep someone who loves the character from reading the book" me. I gave up on the series after #4, because what's being presented by Dynamite is NOTHING like the character I love.

My question is, why hasn't Dynamite done with the Phantom what it's done with the Green Hornet and John Carter by publishing multiple titles based on the character? That way, you can have your Last Phantom and maybe the rest of us could have a title based on Lee Falk's vision of the the character as well as a classic series of reprints?
              Well, Green Hornet has a stronger following than The Phantom and since there was a movie coming out I guess DE saw fit to publish multiple comics based on the character as a way to please the current GH fans and the GH fans that were about to be made through seeing the film. The Phantom has his following, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't say he's anywhere near the popularity of Green Hornet.

Besides, a huge creative talent was tied to the core GH book at first and the stories were based off of a script he had written, so the popularity of the comics was inevitable, Phantom doesn't have that unfortunately.
              Dynamite Entertainment
              Forum Administrator

Comment

Well, Green Hornet has a stronger following than The Phantom... The Phantom has his following, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't say he's anywhere near the popularity of Green Hornet.
                The Green Hornet will NEVER have the level of worldwide following that The Phantom has enjoyed.

Also, your explanation doesn't include why DE also has multiple titles for John Carter, Vampirella, et al., in addition to the Green Hornet, and yet not so for the Phantom, when DE went out of the way to land rights for the Phantom when another publisher had active multiple series going. I'm just saying DE should be getting more out of its investment and trouble.

Comment

I agree that GH probably has a bigger following in North America, but world wide, Phantom spanks them all.

I personally want more Lone Ranger books too. I loved Moonstone's Phantom, but I do like the Last Phantom's artwork. The story is fine, but it's not the Phantom. I like to think of it as Moonstone's Phantom's son. Heloise is out there somewhere, just not being used.

MikeM

Comment

The Green Hornet will NEVER have the level of worldwide following that The Phantom has enjoyed.

Also, your explanation doesn't include why DE also has multiple titles for John Carter, Vampirella, et al., in addition to the Green Hornet, and yet not so for the Phantom, when DE went out of the way to land rights for the Phantom when another publisher had active multiple series going. I'm just saying DE should be getting more out of its investment and trouble.
                    Well, when The Last Phantom proves it's worth with sales then maybe you will see more title of his in the future, the other books are top 150 sellers with some of them landing spots in the top 100 at one point or another. When it comes to comics people need to "vote" with their money instead of wanting something for the sake of wanting it.
                    Dynamite Entertainment
                    Forum Administrator

Comment

Well, when The Last Phantom proves it's worth with sales then maybe you will see more title of his in the future, the other books are top 150 sellers with some of them landing spots in the top 100 at one point or another. When it comes to comics people need to "vote" with their money instead of wanting something for the sake of wanting it.
                      There is a flaw with that logic however. Green Hornet series didn't prove squat before Dynamite came out with a crap load of GH titles. They all came out at pretty much the same time.

edit - don't get me wrong. I like GH (Not as much as I like the phantom or lone ranger), but I think there were just too many GH books..and my collector's mentality would have forced me to get them all, so I didn't get any of them.
                      Last edited by MikeM; 05-20-2011, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM View Post
                        There is a flaw with that logic however. Green Hornet series didn't prove squat before Dynamite came out with a crap load of GH titles. They all came out at pretty much the same time.

edit - don't get me wrong. I like GH (Not as much as I like the phantom or lone ranger), but I think there were just too many GH books..and my collector's mentality would have forced me to get them all, so I didn't get any of them.
                        Maybe the fact that they knew a movie was on it's was had something to do with it, they could have been trying to captiolize on potential new fans or something. Whatever the case, I'm sure that had something to do with it.
                        Dynamite Entertainment
                        Forum Administrator

Comment

More Insults Directed Toward Readers

The Last Phantom isn't selling well? Gee, maybe that's because people DON'T LIKE what Dynamite is trying to pass off as the Phantom! I am so amazed that you don't get that, and instead of blaming a bad concept, you turn around and put the blame on readers for not anteing up.
                          Last edited by comixfan1980; 05-27-2011, 08:37 AM.

Comment

The Last Phantom isn't selling well? Gee, maybe that's because people DON'T LIKE what Dynamite is trying to pass off as the Phantom! I am so amazed that you don't get that, and instead of blaming a bad concept, you turn around and put the blame on readers for not anteing up.
                            Enjoying a story is all within the eyes of the beholder, there is no true "good or bad" when it comes to entertainment, there is however personal taste. Personally I like what DE is doing with the character, it's new, fresh, and a huge step up from what I found to be boring about the character long before this series, but again, that's personal taste.
                            Dynamite Entertainment
                            Forum Administrator

Comment

Enjoying a story is all within the eyes of the beholder, there is no true "good or bad" when it comes to entertainment, there is however personal taste. Personally I like what DE is doing with the character, it's new, fresh, and a huge step up from what I found to be boring about the character long before this series, but again, that's personal taste.
                              The words "Phantom" and "Boring" don't belong in the same sentence. I personally think it's the greatest fictional character ever created. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X