• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *FLASH: The Death of Ash?!?!"

This just in from Dynamite...

THIS IS IT…THE DEATH OF ASHLEY J. WILLIAMS

Is Unlucky #13 the End?!?!?!

September 26, 2006, Runnemede, NJ – Dynamite Entertainment released images and information today concerning the final issue of their Spike TV Scream Award nominated title ARMY OF DARKNESS #13! That’s right, this is the end, the "death" of Ash! The final chapter of the series is scheduled to ship in November and features covers by Tom Nguyen, Kevin Sharpe, Nick Bradshaw and a surprise 4th cover artist!

“This isn’t a hoax, nor is it a dream or an imaginary tale - this is the death of our hero Ash! Finally he can get some well deserved peace. Wrong!” stated Dynamite Entertainment. “James [Kuhoric, writer] and [issue #13 artist] Fernando Blanco are going out with a bang and wait until you see where Ash ends up next! Unfortunately, due to the covers being story specific, we can't show them in the previews, but fans will understand once the book ships!”

DYNAMITE would only confirm that issue #13 would be the end of the current series, but not the end of Ash, cryptically saying: “Ash has faced plenty a deadites in his time, but he’s about to face another form of the undead in his next comic series, true believers.”

ARMY OF DARKNESS #13 (SEP063241) WRITTEN BY JAMES KUHORIC; ART BY FERNANDO BLANCO; COVER ART BY: TOM NGUYEN COVER, KEVIN SHARPE, NICK BRADSHAW AND A SURPRISE FOURTH COVER!

Holy, crap - Ashmageddon is here! The Deadites have tormented him since the cradle and now thanks to the return of the Dead Queen and her possessed corporate Arthurian minions, they’ve ushered him right to the grave. What the hell? Ash Williams is dead? Run to the light, Ash… run to the light! Don’t miss out on the most unexpected issue of Army of Darkness as the Deadites finally get their pound of Ash. And with Ash out of the way…the Deadites will play.

Ships with four alternate covers in equal ratio by Tom Nguyen, Kevin Sharpe, Nick Bradshaw and surprise 4th cover artist!

FANS, ASK YOUR RETAILER ABOUT THE SHARPE VIRGIN COVER EDITION VARIANT!

FANS, ASK YOUR RETAILER ABOUT THE BRADSHAW NEGATIVE ART EDITION VARIANT!

For art and more information please visit:
    http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com...p-C105721.html

Dynamite plans to have incredible support for this release with house ads, Diamond Previews Ads, online ads through news websites, as well as prints ads in Comic Shop News!

ABOUT DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT was founded in 2004 and is home to several best-selling titles and properties. Beginning with their Army of Darkness comic book series – launching as the #1 independent comic in July of '04 – and recently ranked the #1 selling Independent Horror comic -- and continuing to their best-selling Red Sonja series – issue #0 alone selling over 240,000 copies and ongoing issues and one-shots recently ranked among the best-selling titles in unit sales and dollar volume – and not only has Dynamite consistently released Red Sonja as THE top selling single comic outside of Marvel and DC Comics, Dynamite successfully places more titles in the Top 100 than most non-Marvel, non-DC publishers. Dynamite's new monthly Battlestar Galactica series is the company's first major launch of '06, debuting with an impressive 175,000 copies in initial orders sold for the introductory #0 issue. Dynamite’s ongoing Highlander comic book series launched to excess of 100,000 copies sold for issue #0. The recently released The Lone Ranger #1 sold out on its first day in comic shops and is scheduled for a second print.

Now, in addition to the ongoing Red Sonja and AOD series, DYNAMITE has released the all-new Battlestar Galactica comic by Greg Pak and Nigel Raynor – launching with a specially priced #0 issue, having sold in excess of 175,000 copies and recently featured in the pages of TV Guide, A classic Battlestar Galactica comic book series, Xena by John Layman and Fabiano Neves, a Darkman vs. the Army of Darkness mini-series and is preparing the Lone Ranger with Brett Matthews and John Cassaday – and Dynamite has more on the horizon!

In addition to the creators mentioned - Dynamite works with some of the most high profile creators in comics, including Alex (Justice) Ross, John (Astonishing X-Men) Cassaday, Michael (Superman/Batman, Aspen Comics) Turner, Jim (All-Star Batman) Lee, Michael (Red Sonja) Avon Oeming, Mike (Red Sonja/X-Men) Carey, Jim (Justice) Kruegar, Greg (The Incredible Hulk) Pak, Brett (Serenity, The Lone Ranger) Matthews - as well as working with up and coming new talent and enhancing strong creators!

The company also produces new and classic material from such creators as Paul Gulacy and Doug Moench's Six from Sirius, Tim Truman's Scout, Carlos Trillo and Eduardo Risso's Borderline and other titles including Jim Starlin's Dreadstar, in addition to reprint editions of classic Red Sonja material and more.

For updated information on Dynamite Entertainment and their titles, please visit the Dynamite website at
    www.dynamiteentertainment.com

Tommy.
    Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Hmm, this caught me by surprise.

Sad news that the AOD series ends here, and kinda funny it ends with unlucky #13. Guess either it was not selling very well, or there was not enough talent out there to support the series? Lets hope the legacy is not tainted by poorly produced minis from here on out.

RIP AOD (Loyal Fan)

Comment

Originally posted by KrAzYeTy
      Hmm, this caught me by surprise.

Sad news that the AOD series ends here, and kinda funny it ends with unlucky #13. Guess either it was not selling very well, or there was not enough talent out there to support the series? Lets hope the legacy is not tainted by poorly produced minis from here on out.

RIP AOD (Loyal Fan)

Well, it kinda came outta left field for me too! From what I gather though, it sounds like #13 is only the end of the current series. If they're saying he's "about" to face etc. etc. in a new series called "True Believers", I'm tipping he won't be out of action for long!

Tommy.
      Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy

Well, it kinda came outta left field for me too! From what I gather though, it sounds like #13 is only the end of the current series. If they're saying he's "about" to face etc. etc. in a new series called "True Believers", I'm tipping he won't be out of action for long!

Tommy.
        Ash will be back very, very soon and expect big news on what he'll be facing next as soon as we can say...

/joe

Comment

*sigh of relief* Whew I was worried that I was going to lose my monthly dose of "Come get some," "Hail to the King," "Give me some sugar baby," and any other Ash-isms out there.

Comment

Finally! So details about the upcomming movie? And perhaps a DE "Evil Dead" comic serie???

Comment

Working...
            X