Break the Skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break the Skin

Just wanted to say that I loved the Red Sonja: Break The Skin one shot that came out this past week.

Originally posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Just wanted to say that I loved the Red Sonja: Break The Skin one shot that came out this past week.
    I just saw the preview and looks awesome!Edgar Salazar art is amazing.Im sad that books like that are not published here in Brazil

Comment

It WAS pretty damn good. The first of the one-shots I really enjoyed in quite a while (the last good one was Vacant Shell). Hope that Jen van Meter gets to write more Sonja ...

Comment

I've not yet checked out any of the one-shots. I'm really curious to see what they contribute to Red Sonja as a whole.

I needs ta track me down that one-shot collection...

Comment

Originally posted by HdE View Post
          I've not yet checked out any of the one-shots. I'm really curious to see what they contribute to Red Sonja as a whole.

I needs ta track me down that one-shot collection...
          I would urge you to give Break The Skin a look. It's a good story, written by a top notch writer, and beautifully illustrated.

What they contribute, I think, is a nice on-ramp to the character for new readers, in a compact, self-contained package. And, honestly, I've never read anything by Jen I didn't like. Her DC, Marvel and Oni work is all stellar.

-E

Comment

The main Red Sonja series is basically an ongoing narrative, though so far we have had three seperate storylines, the Kulan Gath series, the Reincarnated Sonja of Dorn series, and now Eric's "early mercenary days" series. The one shots offer up one off adventures, but also allow other writers to to play around with Red Sonja.

Reading that back I dont think it makes much sense, but Im posting it anyway..

Comment

Nah, that makes perfect sense.

Thanks for the info, guys. I'm a fan of the one-shot format for the precise reason that it's a neat platform to tell short, sometimes off-beat stories.

Money's a bit tight right now, but once it starts pouring in again next month, I'll look at picking up the Savage Tales collection at least.

Comment

Working...
              X