Oh, Darick...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, Darick...

First of all, greetings to the other four people on this forum. I come all the way from this little homogenous island called AFRICA (not sure if you've heard of it) , and every month or so I ride my tiger to the local Diamond distributor mud hut to collect my issues of the number one comic in the world at the moment, THE BOYS. All the boys in my village read THE BOYS. The title is quite expensive and I have to pay in white man's blood, which is quite rare, but very befitting, given that the title is quite sanguinary. Despite the fact that my earnings could go towards food. (please send money now)

To the other four people on this forum: you guys seem to go to creative lengths to discredit and generally disparage THE BOYS. Is it any wonder you guys are still collecting the title? Why haven't any of you dropped the title if you despise it so? Is it because you actually enjoy the title? It is quite futile trying to pick out the flaws in Mr. Ennis' logic, given that he is, in fact, a genius, and you're all too dim to grasp the subtleties in his clipped register.

Now. To the topic at hand. I know Darick is returning with the Butcher mini. See, I appreciate the myriad of talented guest artists on the title, but when is Darick returning to the main title? There can't be too many story arcs left, so I certainly hope its soon enough to tie the proverbial tourniquet into a pretty bow.

Cheers for now

Greetings from Three of Four.

Like most of your heathen kind, you mistake criticism for an attempt to destroy.

Or, let's put it another way. After "The Phantom Menace" came out, a few hardy souls attempted to alert George Lucas to the fact that he had gone horribly, horribly astray. It wasn't because they hated "Star Wars". It was because Lucas was screwing up his own legacy, and pumping out sub-standard movies in the process.

On the other side of the argument, there was the Fanboys. They insisted that Lucas had created a MASTERPIECE, and that Jar-Jar Binks was the greatest fictional character since Sherlock Holmes. They insisted that they were the REAL fans, and that all of the negative nay-sayers were heretics who "weren't Real Fans."

So. Who do you think did more damage to Star Wars in the long run: the grumpy, negative Haters who thought Jar-Jar, Midiclorians, and Jake Loyd were bad ideas? Or the positive, uncritical Fanboys that encouraged Lucas to turn the franchise into something suitable for the Cartoon Network?

Me, I respect Ennis. Most of the time. Loved 80% of his work on the Punisher. Thought Preacher was one of the greatest series of all time. Enjoyed Hitman and Hellblazer. However, when he sucks, somebody needs to tell him, and if it's not the people who admire him, who will it be? The people who hate him aren't reading his stuff, so they're unlikely to try and let him know when he goes spinning off the tracks.

We've also written some glowing praise of The Boys- most recently through several issues in the "Proper Preparation And Planning" arc. It's not like ALL we do is bitch. But the bitching is funner, I will admit.
    Last edited by Kamakazi; 05-10-2011, 12:47 PM.

Comment

New kid just wants his hamster back. Ignore him.

Hi, new kid! Welcome!

Comment

Hi Blarney! Kamakazi did all the dirty work for us, so I just want to warn you he's actually a voice into my head. Or I'm a voice into his, I never can tell.
        In fact, we're all different personalities of the same schizoid user, we just can't agree on who the real user is. This doesn't apply to Sai, who is actually Garth Ennis when he drinks his dark potion.

Now you know our dirty secrets. That's why I'll have to turn Terror on you and on whoever dares to say I don't love Ennis enough.

Comment

BC, welcome aboard.

I'm also a huge fan of Ennis (have met him personally, shook his hand, shared a drink with him), and with all the faith I have in this book, I think it's only right that we get a little critical when we need to! As nobody else out here in the desert reads comics, period, I come here to vent with my fellow fanboys and shall continue to do so. Give it a whirl--I promise you'll enjoy.

Splendidio!

Comment

The Man. The Myth.

Comment

For specificity's sake, and because none of you asked, I hail from a little village in the great homogenous AFRICA called Wakanda.

Now when is Darick coming back to save us all?

Comment

Tell T'Challa "hi" for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris View Post
                  Hi Blarney! Kamakazi did all the dirty work for us, so I just want to warn you he's actually a voice into my head. Or I'm a voice into his, I never can tell.
                  In fact, we're all different personalities of the same schizoid user, we just can't agree on who the real user is. This doesn't apply to Sai, who is actually Garth Ennis when he drinks his dark potion.

Now you know our dirty secrets. That's why I'll have to turn Terror on you and on whoever dares to say I don't love Ennis enough.
                  Har de har har. I'm the final arc of THE BOYS, I'm going to reveal that the villain behind everything is actually a nazi-pedo-gay-limbless pope called Boris. And Billy Badoing is going to assault him sexually, in order of avenging the death of the Boys.

You've been warned.

Comment

To answer the question...unsure when Darick is returning to the entirety of the main title. I know he'll continue with covers and I know he began working on the Butcher mini quite awhile back. We hear this news as quickly as the rest of the internet.

Russ Braun has done an exceptional job and John McCrea has done good work, but I miss Darick's pencils too. I genuinely hope he can get back into the full title soon.

Comment

Oh boy! Bring on the Darick!
                      Where is that long rumoured Reacher Dick one-shot special?

--- gotta go now, man-sized-mositquoes have struck the village! aaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by blarneycock View Post
                        Oh boy! Bring on the Darick!
                        Where is that long rumoured Reacher Dick one-shot special?

--- gotta go now, man-sized-mositquoes have struck the village! aaaaa
                        Welcome BC from forum member 4.5. Your mom has a great rack!

Props to Kamakazi, just for being Kamakazi... Personally, I would have loved to see the Emperor turn Jar-Jar into sushi, then eat his still wriggling chunks in Revenge of the Sith...or earlier, for that matter...

Now I'm going back under my rock, under the bridge to sleep for awhile...

ps. I've heard rolling around in elephant dung will keep the skeeters away.. I've never tried it, but you can let me know if it works!

Comment

Sorry chum, no elephants here, they've all been poached to make ivory jewelry, elephant-footstools and ashtrays. The White Devil is persistent here!

Comment

Originally posted by blarneycock View Post
                            Sorry chum, no elephants here, they've all been poached to make ivory jewelry, elephant-footstools and ashtrays. The White Devil is persistent here!

I know, and just because Vought Guy needed a new hairbrush.

(Check out "Vought Guy Facts Vol.III", free copy for each "Highland Laddie" TP bought)

Comment

Working...
                            X