Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those complaining about not seeing enough of Stormfront (were there any?)...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those complaining about not seeing enough of Stormfront (were there any?)...

Here's the cover of THE BOYS #57

Bonus! BUTCHER #2

Oh Boy!

When do we get to see Laddio and the Dude with No Name again?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by saidestroyer View Post
      Here's the cover of THE BOYS #57

WTF?????

Comment

It seems like the Homelander wasn't the guy in those pictures, after all.

Question: The Blarney Cock was black? The Legend isn't black, is he?

Comment

::Worst family portrait, ever::

I don't think Maeve is gonna be a very chaste figure. Reckon she's been running around for awhile. Although there's more to her character than I've ever given credit if she's not aborting these mistakes.

And as much as I want to criticize the martini, reckon with the V in her system, breast feeding while knocking 'em back...kid's already screwed.

Comment

My guess: the kid is MM's.

No, Blarney Cock isn't black. He's Irish. Which makes less sense than him being black, frankly.

Comment

Completely unrelated--right after the G-massacre, Vaught Guy was talking about assembling a team of look-alikes to replace the newly-departed. I'm sure that's the Stormfront of old on the cover, but I wonder if we'll see any replacements before the end of the series. Probably not, it's got to be dismissible by comparison to the big ticket items left to tell, but I'd still get a laugh out of a page or two showing the new guys that can't adequately fill the shoes left behind.

I haven't gotten 53 or 54 yet, so maybe my question's already answered. Wife is taking a bit of time to get them out here, but she's still sending 'em so I'll count my blessings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamakazi View Post
                My guess: the kid is MM's.

No, Blarney Cock isn't black. He's Irish. Which makes less sense than him being black, frankly.
                Hmmm, great find, said! The kid does have a bit of an MM look to his features, which might also explain why Stormfront targeted MM first when Payback took on the Boys... (That was a major tactical error, when you think about it. Stormie was emotionally compromised, lol)...

As to Blarney Cock...Maybe they shipped Blarney Cock off to Ireland when he was a baby... Where they shipped this little fella, is yet to be revealed...(if he lived long enough to be shipped anywhere... Stormie is raging and looks like he would drop kick the kid to the sun given the chance) Obviously, Maeve can't be an unwed mama with her public image... But, it does give her one more reason to have another martini to drink herself numb...

The interesting thing is that the martini (and Stormfront's age) date this photo as post 9-11... Hmmm, Stormfront has both the Crimson Countess and Maeve in his list of conquests... I guess to supes size DOES matter!

said,

I've always thought "someone" took the pictures of Maeve and her "friend" back in the day... Maybe it was a three way?!

I've also always wondered what the story is behind Maeve, Homie and Black Noir's special past association... They hinted at something a long time ago and never revealed the story... But, with those three, it could be anything!
                Last edited by Hot_Ch0c0; 05-20-2011, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Ch0c0 View Post

I've also always wondered what the story is behind Maeve, Homie and Black Noir's special past association... They hinted at something a long time ago and never revealed the story... But, with those three, it could be anything!
                  You know, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the black kid is the son of Black Noir. Assuming there's anything of the old, clever Ennis left, it'd be hilarious if "Black Noir" turned out to literally be black, like in the old days of Marvel Comics where every black character had to have "black" in their name, like "Black Panther" and "Black Goliath".

Comment

Maybe the cover isn't really related to the content of the issue, it is a jab at something (like #34, who mocked a Superman cover).

Black Noir as the real father would be hilarious, tough.

Comment

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the black kid is the son of Black Noir. Assuming there's anything of the old, clever Ennis left, it'd be hilarious if "Black Noir" turned out to literally be black, like in the old days of Marvel Comics where every black character had to have "black" in their name, like "Black Panther" and "Black Goliath".
                      It makes sense! I want to see that!

Comment

Well, I thought that Stormfront could have been a more deadly threat.

But seriously, unless she had more than one kid, there's no way that that cover makes sense. Of course, it could be some dumbass publicity stunt.

In Doctor Who: Fear Her, there was a clear case of bad casting. The mother of the girl was asian and the girl herself was black, IIRC.

Chris

Comment

Don't forget "Black Lightning" and "Black Racer" over at DC... Actually, Marvel started doing better with "Luke Cage: Power Man" and "The Falcon" back in the day... Hmmm, I wonder if "Storm" would have been "Black Lightning" if it hadn't already been taken..

Anyway, I love the theory and would hope Ennis might work out something. However, during Starlight/Annie's kneepad initiation into The Seven we saw Black Noir open his costume and pull out his not so black looking junk...

Of course, as far as The Seven, there's always The Deep as an option for the daddy... I think his response to Vought's leopard skin "make over" attempt was classic, and Ennis' way of poking fun at the "image" of black superheroes..

My theory was that I always thought "Homie the racist" kept The Deep and Jack from Jupiter out of Starlight's initiation because those two have some "color" to them... Why else pick a rookie like A-Train over two team veterans?

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Ch0c0 View Post
                            However, during Starlight/Annie's kneepad initiation into The Seven we saw Black Noir open his costume and pull out his not so black looking junk...
                            Oh, great, thanks for reminding us the delighting image of Black Noir and A-Train's asses.

Comment

Working...
                            X