Jennifer Blood #4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jennifer Blood #4

Does anyone know when issue #4 will be shipping? Seems its about 2-3 weeks behind schedule.

President/Publisher

Hi WarDog,

The book is running quite a bit behind. The artist is almost completed issue #4, and we have to see what we can do.

I'm sorry for the delay.

Nick

Comment

Jennifer Blood #4

Thanks for the update! I look forward to its release.

Comment

Jennifer Blood series in Jeopardy?

Another month goes by and no issue number 4! I do like this over-the-top series from Garth Ennis but it seems to be taking a back-seat these days. Also, I note the writing is being handed off to another writer (Al Ewing) in issue #7. Hope this is not a bad sign for the future of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by WarDog View Post
          Another month goes by and no issue number 4! I do like this over-the-top series from Garth Ennis but it seems to be taking a back-seat these days. Also, I note the writing is being handed off to another writer (Al Ewing) in issue #7. Hope this is not a bad sign for the future of the series.
          Are there any Dynamite series that are published as scheduled? The Warlord of Mars stuff, and maybe Vampirella, seem to come out more or less on time. The Boys?

I know everything I buy comes out whenever it happens to come out. Green Hornet was good there for a while but I believe the last issue was a few weeks late as well. It's frustrating.

Comment

I wonder if they are re-writing it? A couple of times in the last few years when a mini-series has encountered unexpected success, the publisher announced that it is going over to an ongoing series and then an issue or two after the announcement, the next issue is delayed significantly. I have just guessed that these delays are because they are rewriting the series to be an ongoing.

It happened with Boom studio's Irredeemable. It happened with Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. and I wonder if that is what is happening with Jennifer Blood. In both Irredeemable and Shield I felt like the writing dropped in quality and had lost something special after the delay. Again, I hope that is not what is going on here.

Comment

Waiting game

I hope the writing isnt going to drop. I dont really know the new writer but I am sure even if there is a rewrite going on garth will be garth and it will be good. I am just waiting around for more issues to come out, I really liked the first few.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiclo View Post
                I wonder if they are re-writing it? A couple of times in the last few years when a mini-series has encountered unexpected success, the publisher announced that it is going over to an ongoing series and then an issue or two after the announcement, the next issue is delayed significantly.
                Yeah, that's EXACTLY what's happening... in whatever alternate universe you inhabit were "Jennifer Blood" is a success.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamakazi View Post
                  Yeah, that's EXACTLY what's happening... in whatever alternate universe you inhabit were "Jennifer Blood" is a success.
                  Not necessarily a success, just changing from a planned mini-series to an ongoing.

Comment

Jennifer Blood #4

WHAT, is going on here!! First, Diamonds shipping updates for 8/23/2011 state it WILL ship on 8/31/2011! Then I check the ship list, from Diamond today, and its not on the shipping list for next week, 8/31/2011!! Is this EVER going to ship? Is the series cancelled???? Hope Not!

COME ON DE lets get #4 out!!!!!!

Comment

This Wednesday is the official release date for Jennifer Blood #4. I got it in the mail on Friday night and gave it a read, it was fun (if your a JB fan) and offered some insight on the overall story.

Enjoy!
                      Dynamite Entertainment
                      Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Finally!

"This Wednesday is the official release date for Jennifer Blood #4. I got it in the mail on Friday night and gave it a read, it was fun (if your a JB fan) and offered some insight on the overall story."

Glad to hear that I hope its worth the wait! I think this book could be really good but the wait has been killing me. will be the first book I read this wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                        X