Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampirella Cosplay!

Hey all,

Check this out. We got this photo from a well known cosplay beauty. Her name is Marie-Claude Bourbonnais and I think she looks stunning.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54450877@N04/6237973886/

I AGREE!!!!! Great homage to Dave Stevens Vampirella!!! Dynamite needs to make this a Vampirella Model cover!!!!!

Comment

Dave Stevens! I was trying to remember who did the art that inspired the picture.
      But I'm confused, shouldn't Vampirella be wearing shirtless pantsuits these days? Cause nothing says cool, like a shirtless pantsuit, leather jacket and stupid bling.

Comment

LMAO @ GrayPumpkin...thats funny I wish Dynamite would only publish covers with Vampi wearing the pants so i wouldnt have to buy the book at all!!!

Comment

GrayPumpkin, I couldn't have asked it better.
          Dynamte hiring a model though would be.... can't find a better word than hypocritical.
          official quote: "any actress worth her money would refuse to wear the costume...." - I would say that would go for a model too then. If she gets any that is.

But a very nice pic indeed

Bring back the costume!!!!

Comment

Now, now lets not mock that quote, after all where did Jane Fonda's career go after doing Barbarella? It's not like she went on to win a couple of academy awards or anything... oh wait, she did.
            Last edited by GrayPumpkin; 10-21-2011, 11:38 AM.

Comment

But it was the late 60s, early 70s! look at what women did wear back then. Even a Vampire in a swimsuit was... oh wait.

Comment

No more hypocritical than printing comic covers with a character in a costume she nevers wears in the actual book

Comment

That MC Bourbonnaise is something else. The voluptuous French-Canadienne is every fanboy's fantasy -- the nerd-girl with the killer body. She's well-known for her convention cosplay. Check out her portfolio here:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/657042#VIEWALL
                  DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Excellent photo of one of my favorite characters. The model, Marie-Claude Bourbonnais, is amazingly beautiful, and looks like of one of Jose Gonzalez's classic drawings come to life.

Comment

Working...
                    X