It's been a long journey....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a long journey....

Long story short. I was a DC guy going way back. Oh, I read some other comics, Dark Horse, a few Image, some small press stuff. From the end of the 80s, through the 90s, and up until 2007.

In 2007, I ran. Away. Fast. And the reboot seems to say "Don't come back."

Then I remembered buying Green Hornet from Now Comics back in the 90s. Look around, and I find Dynamite. And thankfully your version isn't based on the movie, either!

So I'm in. I ordered. And I see you guys just got Vampirella too, so I'll have to look into that!

Good to find a place where I can actually read comics again.

Welcome aboard, man! Yeah, check out Kirby: Genesis too if your into obscure or sclassic characters, same with some of the upcoming pulp titles DE is putting out. Glad to have you here!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

Originally posted by Arcalian View Post
      So I'm in. I ordered.
      What did you get yourself?

Comment

Green Hornet, as I said. Gonna get Vampirella, too. Maybe more stuff later.

Comment

Green Hornet, as I said. Gonna get Vampirella, too. Maybe more stuff later.
          Sorry, I wasn't clear: What Hornet material did you get?

Comment

I ordered the December issue. Oh, and Annual #2.

Comment

try the bionic man,basesed to the tv sho0w the six million dollar man

Comment

Agreed about DC's "New 52" reboot, but I'm trying to remember what happened in 2007 that would have sent you screaming away in disgust... ?

Welcome to Dynamite, my friend, now home to many classic characters: Lone Ranger, Zorro, The Phantom, Flash Gordon, Warlord of Mars, Lord of the Jungle (Tarzan), and coming soon, The Shadow and The Spider...

I can second the Kirby:Genesis recommendation, and add Project Superpowers.
                DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Yes Welcome to DE, there is a TON of Red Sonja lines to read if you want to give them a try as well. Lots of One Shot comics, Queen Sonja comic, lots of Red Sonja Mini series comic lines, Red Sonja "She Devil" comic. so if one dosen't work for you don't disregard the whole line!

Comment

Originally posted by positronic View Post
                    Agreed about DC's "New 52" reboot, but I'm trying to remember what happened in 2007 that would have sent you screaming away in disgust... ?
                    The end of the LAST "52", when Black Adam went on his killing spree.

Comment

Well, despite a trend for a while there to try to turn him into DC's answer to Marvel's hero/villain Prince Namor, Black Adam remains at heart a villain, and bad guys do go on killing sprees from time to time. Now, if you said you ran away when Hal Jordan went on a killing spree, I'd understand. But somehow you were able to soldier on as a DC fan after that, and Black Adam going on a killing spree was the straw that broke the camel's back?
                      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

It wasn't about Black Adam being the killer. It was the victims. I was a Titans fan for many years, and I had enough.

Comment

Well, DC's revolving door policy in the last 20 years has pretty much desensitized me to character deaths. Flash, Superman, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Hawkman, Donna Troy, had all been dead and resurrected.

Comment

Not everybody comes back through that door, and even when they do, I was sick of seeing them go through it in the first place.

But in any case, I'm no longer there, and now I'm here.

Comment

Not everybody comes back through that door, and even when they do...
                              ...it might not be for years. Not every character that gets whacked does so with a ready-made plan for a return.

I get what you mean; you just want your favourites treated with a little respect. For example, I'm done with Deathstroke at issue 8.

Comment

Working...
                              X