Sigh . . . seriously, folks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh . . . seriously, folks

So I pop open Queen Sonja 22 and I'm reading along, wondering what has turned Sonja into a vicious imperialist, when one of the text boxes tells me that the capital of Sogaria is "Issindi." Now I don't have my face buried in a Sonja book every day and even I know the capital is Issenni. I guess that's a fact that writer didn't bother to concern himself with. I have forgiven time and again the writer's lack of understanding of the difference between the words "then" and "than", but something like this is unforgivable. How am I supposed to take a product seriously that the writer doesn't even care enough about to know the correct location names? Both Red Sonja books are great, better than most crap out there--but could you please try to get the details right in the future? It helps with that little thing we call the suspension of disbelief.

I did not even notice this until you pointed it out, wow

Comment

Didn't notice. I was too engrossed in Sonja killing a whole bunch of people and becoming Empress of all she surveys. Awesome! Uber-awesome.

Comment

I have to admit that I was drawn to the action more that the name as well.

Comment

I imagine that since she is the queen, Sonja can decide arbitrarily that there is now a d in the name of her capital just as quickly as she could turn around and decide later that there is no d in the name of her capital. Maybe it happened off-panel.

Comment

could be like tomato / toomato kind of thing. She is from a diffrent land so maybe she just calls it with a slightly diffrent accent. SO they just added they other letters?

Comment

vicious imperialist may be a bit strong, my fellow reader. It makes perfect sense for Red to strike down upon her enemies with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy her brothers! And you will know her name is QUEEN SONJA when she lays her vengeance upon thee!!!!!!

Seriously....her actions are totally in character. The misspelling...........ugh. That is a big OOPS. You are correct about that. Someone should be ashamed!

Comment

Originally posted by comichero View Post
                could be like tomato / toomato kind of thing. She is from a diffrent land so maybe she just calls it with a slightly diffrent accent. SO they just added they other letters?
                Another excellent point - the other name may be an exonym. Much like how we in English refer to the cities of Wien or Torino as Vienna or Turin.

Comment

Looking at the last panel of issue 24, and to me Sonja looks extremely comfortable on that throne of Emora and it suits her very well.

But then I'm a nerd, and I would fight and die for the crazy hot red head any day of the week.

Comment

Did anyone else notice the blonde servant girl had red hair on page 2?

Comment

Originally posted by themightyflip View Post
                      Did anyone else notice the blonde servant girl had red hair on page 2?
                      I have been away from home, but when I get back I will check that one out

Comment

Keepin me honest

Hey guys, it's been a rare privilege to write Queen Sonja. At this point the character is so close to me the stuff just flows.

I am sorry there was confusion about the spelling of Issinni, I am the president of the company so the product is something I take very seriously indeed - but I am balancing supervision of all the aspects of the Red Sonja franchise (publishing, film & tv, an upcoming apparel launch etc) with law school, (as well as assisting in legal work for some comic book legends). Sometimes little details slip through the cracks - I am only human.

Spent the last few hours writing my next installment in Queen Sonja - A Tournament of Kings - inspired in part on an idea that was floated on these boards. I hear you guys, will focus more on the details in the future, and as I am set to introduce the wider geo-political landscape around Emora there will be many more details to keep tabs on.

Keep the feedback coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Lieberman View Post
                          Hey guys, it's been a rare privilege to write Queen Sonja. At this point the character is so close to me the stuff just flows.

I am sorry there was confusion about the spelling of Issinni, I am the president of the company so the product is something I take very seriously indeed - but I am balancing supervision of all the aspects of the Red Sonja franchise (publishing, film & tv, an upcoming apparel launch etc) with law school, (as well as assisting in legal work for some comic book legends). Sometimes little details slip through the cracks - I am only human.

Spent the last few hours writing my next installment in Queen Sonja - A Tournament of Kings - inspired in part on an idea that was floated on these boards. I hear you guys, will focus more on the details in the future, and as I am set to introduce the wider geo-political landscape around Emora there will be many more details to keep tabs on.

Keep the feedback coming.
                          We understand bro. The apology was very nice but unneeded! However.... an upcoming apparel launch has me interested. It could be really cool, or totally lame. Most grown men can't wear Red Sonja baseball caps without people laughing at them, but i might grab a tee-shirt just for fun. any chance we will have sonja clothing details soon? And how about a Red Sonja cartoon? A violent 60 minute cartoon?

Comment

So will there be a thank you somewhere in the credits to all of us Red Sonja fans here on the fourms for helping you out with this tournament of kings?

Comment

Originally posted by comichero View Post
                              So will there be a thank you somewhere in the credits to all of us Red Sonja fans here on the fourms for helping you out with this tournament of kings?
                              I Agree! And it would be a convienent way to "plug" the dynamite website!

Comment

Working...
                              X