X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boys 62 (preview)

A little light for a dull day in the office:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=10988

I saw the beginning coming for a mile, but it still made me chuckle.

We're starting threads on previews now? I can dig it... I thought Frenchie's comments were pretty funny. Happy new year to you Said!

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Rogerson View Post
      We're starting threads on previews now? I can dig it... I thought Frenchie's comments were pretty funny. Happy new year to you Said!
      I want a Frenchie/Female spin-off book! They can plug maimed '90s superheroes into laptops every issue and I'd keep buying.

Comment

Oh Boys.

Long time lurker. First time poster.

Resisting fanboy drool and personal pet theory explosion at this point. Quite difficult really when you think about it. Reading boris and the rest for the past eighteen months or so has been a bit of an exercise. Of some sort or another I suppose. Its been brilliant reading what everyone has to say through the issues. But then, its a brilliant series isn't it?

This is the best issue of The Boys. It will be looked back on as such, and has been looked forward to as such. One thing Butcher was always going to do was keep a promise Mallory broke to him. Didn't matter if it was to Hughie or the next one on the list who didn't ask for money. Butcher is a man of fate, thats why he's always tried so hard with Hughie to make him one of the same. When he said all he wanted was a little brother, what he meant was having one that wouldn't have stopped him from sliding that knife into his fathers ribs. Thats the test he sets for Hughie. Remember, the only good thing Butcher ever did was help get his mum away from his dad. In storytelling, a character doesn't make that commitment and then get soppy about redemption when he can't turn his pet moppet into a willing psychopath.

Just my two cents really.

Cheers,

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robito View Post
          Long time lurker. First time poster.

Resisting fanboy drool and personal pet theory explosion at this point.
          Welcome. Resistance is futile.

Comment

There's an air of finality in these last few issues. I loved the part when Butcher picked on Hughie for stealing Maeve's file. The Female's reaction was amazing and unexpected, and I loved how the rest of the Boys reacted to her reaction. The last scene with her and Frenchie was gold (really cinematic).

If Butcher's present doesn't help Hughie get his head out of his ass, nothing will.

Comment

I hate to admit it, but I really haven't been able to conjure up much desire to write recaps since Boris wandered off. THANK YOU FOR KILLING MY JOY, you HEARTLESS ITALIAN BASTARD.

Comment

Poor old Kamakazi... maybe someone could send you Boris's file....

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Rogerson View Post
                  Poor old Kamakazi... maybe someone could send you Boris's file....
                  That's sick. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

uh...I didn't realize there were two different teams that had come up. Team Titanic and...whatever the rest of 'em were.

Book was awesome. Breaks my heart that we're into the final year here.

Comment

Working...
                    X