Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has This Series Been Cancelled?

Hello DE folks,

I run the internets' leading Phantom phan site, ChronicleChamber.com (recently relaunched) and would like to ask on behalf of all the fans what is going on with this series. Nothing has been solicited yet for 2012 and all signs point toward a cancellation. If someone from DE could please provide an answer as to what is happening with The Last Phantom it would be most appreciated.

Cheers.

Publisher

Hi JoeMD,

Yourdudeatdynamite did answer this, but the threads can go pretty quick on Dynamite, so here ya go! The Last Phantom is not cancelled. It's been 12 issues, but the artist has needed more time to draw the script. Issue #11 should ship by the end of January and then issue #12 in March.

And though we're not ready to announce our follow up series, I think that you will enjoy it, and the set up before it.

best!

Nick

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Nick.

So, just so I'm sure I understand this, The Last Phantom is a #12 issue mini with another series to follow later in 2012?

Comment

Publisher

JoeMD,

That is the goal. It depends on the schedule of the "set up" series.

best!

Nick

Comment

Brilliant! Thanks very much Nick. Looking forward to hearing your future plans!

Comment

Im waiting for No. 12! I love the series!

Comment

The Phantom #12 ends with "The Phantom will return soon!" on the last page and in the Dynamite info section they mention that #12 is the last issue "for now". They mention they have big plans for The Phantom in the near future.
              Dynamite Entertainment
              Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

"big plans" = Defenders of the Earth? Fingers crossed. (It does feature "The Phantom in the near future"...)
                Last edited by positronic; 02-27-2012, 07:23 AM.
                DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

So I just read issue #12...

...and it ends on a cliffhanger. Really? The Phantom is going on hiatus for who knows how long, and they end the current series without concluding the storyline? Yeah, I'm a little bit pissed off.
                  DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Finally got a chance to read the last Last Phantom. Not bad but I don't likt that it ended in a cliff hanger. We'll probably never see the outcome. Now i have to go back and check out issue 1 and see who the wife and kids were. I'd assumed it was Diana . Mine are a little buried from lack mof storage space. Can anyone do a quick check?
                    Always remember, Murphy was an optimist
                    Munchkin 1, 2, 4, 7 Super Munchkin 1&2, Munchkin Bites 1&2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin Deluxe and Star 2
                    http://ghornet.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by positronic View Post
                      ...and it ends on a cliffhanger. Really? The Phantom is going on hiatus for who knows how long, and they end the current series without concluding the storyline? Yeah, I'm a little bit pissed off.
                      Lol...I just read mine. When you guys said it ended on a cliffhanger, I didn't think it was quite at the level of standing face to face against a deadly enemy. Even if we ever do get a conclusion, it won't be for months.

I couldn't help but laugh. Thankfully, I'm almost done being given the finger by Dynamite. Hornet and Genesis are it, and at least one is ending soon. I'm not even sure I want to bother finishing Genesis. I've been patient with this company for a few years now but nothing ever seems to change and I'm tired of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
                        Finally got a chance to read the last Last Phantom. Not bad but I don't likt that it ended in a cliff hanger. We'll probably never see the outcome. Now i have to go back and check out issue 1 and see who the wife and kids were. I'd assumed it was Diana . Mine are a little buried from lack mof storage space. Can anyone do a quick check?
                        His wife was not Diana in issue 1. Which now has me totally confused. I always assumed this was the 22nd Phantom, which would have made his sister Heloise and his MOM, Diana Palmer. Ah, screw it. Forget everything I know about the Phantom before this and just go with it. However, I do wish he wasn't married and had his wife and child murdered before meeting Diana.

Comment

I've seen a few comments here and there from people who seemed to really like it. OK, then, a challenge to those folks... can you explain it? I'm left with the impression that the series is some sort ot reboot (due to the appearance of an unrecognizable Diana in the last issue) that doesn't really have anything to do with Lee Falk's traditional Phantom. Doesn't seem like there's any way this can be the 22nd Phantom, or even some unspecified later one. ...Anyone?

Comment

I've seen a few comments here and there from people who seemed to really like it. OK, then, a challenge to those folks... can you explain it? I'm left with the impression that the series is some sort ot reboot (due to the appearance of an unrecognizable Diana in the last issue) that doesn't really have anything to do with Lee Falk's traditional Phantom. Doesn't seem like there's any way this can be the 22nd Phantom, or even some unspecified later one. ...Anyone?
                            Yeah, I think it is a total reboot, but as I was reading it, I was under the assumption it was the 22nd. It wasn't until I saw Diana at the end that I realised it was a reboot.

Comment

I've seen a few comments here and there from people who seemed to really like it. OK, then, a challenge to those folks... can you explain it?
                              I'm not by any stretch of the imagination a Phantom historian so all the past stuff had no impact on whether or not I enjoyed it. I suspect that not having to consolidate it all is partly why I did enjoy it then. For example, I only vaguely knew of Diana Palmer so for a character of that name to appear as something other than what she usually is did not cause me any confusion.

Judging from the other comments, she's supposed to be #21's love interest, so...could this have been Dynamite's version of 21, not 22?

Comment

Working...
                              X