Tantilizing Tidbits!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tantilizing Tidbits!

I'm loving Lone Ranger from Dynamite! But I've gotta say, These cliffhanger endings are killing me (in a good way!) . Each issue gives us a momentary glance into LR's world, and I want more!

Originally posted by Kemo Sabe 1
    I'm loving Lone Ranger from Dynamite! But I've gotta say, These cliffhanger endings are killing me (in a good way!) . Each issue gives us a momentary glance into LR's world, and I want more!
    Brett's really done a GREAT job flowing each issue in and out of each other, but yeah, they're killer cliffhangers!

/joe

Comment

Man, it's not just the cliffhangers, but the subtle mysteries. Why is Tonto's back scarred? Why does the boss (presumably Cavendish) want someone's tongue? Why doesn't John Reid want a cross? Is the storekeeper doomed?
      On a side note, I think the "You were able. There is a difference" moment is this issue's cool quote and lesson of the month. It's stuff like that I really like about the comic.

Comment

Maybe he was asking a whore to bring her tounge over! I also think that "Spade" the bounty hunter who bought the shovel will dig up the bodies of the Rangers and find one grave empty!

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Ranger
          Why doesn't John Reid want a cross?
          I think this is symbolic. Reid tells Tonto "there's no need for the cross" because, at that moment, he has lost his faith. His father and brother have been brutally murdered, yet he survives. He cannot understand why God would allow that. I think by the end of the story arc there will be six crosses in the canyon, though.
          DECODER RING THEATRE
          EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
          PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
          PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Comment

Working...
          X