April 2012 Solicits?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 2012 Solicits?

So eager to see the new solicits, and I keep seeing tidbits all over the internet, but nothing comprehensive yet. Does anyone know when the new solicits will be up?

Diamond Comics' PREVIEWS catalog for April 2012 releases will be shipping next Wednesday, Feb. 1st.

Some DE cover previews here:

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime...m.php?gid=3973
    Last edited by positronic; 01-26-2012, 02:26 AM.
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Right, but I'm talking about the online solicits. I never buy Previews.

Comment

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...amiteapril.htm

Comment

Bless you! I wonder why CBR or comiclist haven't posted them yet?

Off to make my list...

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
            Bless you! I wonder why CBR or comiclist haven't posted them yet?
            Or the Dynamite website, for that matter...

Comment

So, no PSP, no Phantom, still no Mandrake, still no Spider. Green Hornet down to just the one title. Vampirella has four (including Vampirella Masters Vol. 7 TPB, but not sure if that should count since it's actually all Pantha stories). Red Sonja has four (including a TPB). Kirby Genesis has three, but Dragonsbane is a limited series, and I wouldn't expect Captain Victory or Silver Star to last past issue #12. Which leaves the Warlord of Mars franchise as Dynamite's cash cow, with four new titles. The Art of Ramona Fradon HC, now that's unusual. Seems like something IDW would publish, but that's not a bad thing. I hope Dynamite does some more offbeat books like this.

Can't wait for The Shadow! Nice to see the Chaykin reprint, hope they reprint the O'Neil/Kaluta stuff as well.
              Last edited by positronic; 01-27-2012, 02:15 AM.
              DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Don't forget Lord of the Jungle!

Comment

For goodness sakes DE get the right to Thundarr the Barbarian and start it, something new and fresh that's not been over done, over killed, and over hyped!

Comment

President/Publisher

Hi All,

I wanted to answer some quick questions. Thundar is actually owned by Ruby-Spears which became a part of Turner which became a part of Warner Brothers, so it may come from DC Comics one day.

I wanted to mention again as I've mentioned in other threads, we're negotiating with creators for Project Superpowers to return. We actually have 4 - 5 series written and at least 1 fully drawn. We want to release the series, but need to release one with the chance for the widest audience so that we can launch the books and we can make the series ongoing and not have to do mini-series because of lack of sales.

The Phantom is still shipping under the current series and had fallen wwwaaaaayyyyyy behind. Issue #11 is just in stores, and #12 should be around March. We're going to have an event project that a new Phantom series will come out of.

Mandrake is coming along, but we haven't found an artist we feel will fit the character well to launch.

The Spider will be launching in May, and what till you see what we have in store for him.

The Green Hornet is one of my favorite titles, and we have been winding down to one series, but there's a special upcoming series that will open the doors for more. It will be towards the end of the year, but I'm pretty sure you'll like it when you see it.

And always keep in mind, you can help keep series going by letting your friends know and posting on other sites your love for these characters so that we can get the widest audience possible.

We love series to be ongoing. The Boys and Red Sonja have been one of our longest running series, and it's because the fans help get the word out and the series do well. We need that kind of attention on all titles. We'll make the comics and push them, and if you collect them and help push them, there will be more on a regular basis.

sincerely,

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by nickybdynamite View Post
                      Hi All,

I wanted to answer some quick questions. Thundar is actually owned by Ruby-Spears which became a part of Turner which became a part of Warner Brothers, so it may come from DC Comics one day.

I wanted to mention again as I've mentioned in other threads, we're negotiating with creators for Project Superpowers to return. We actually have 4 - 5 series written and at least 1 fully drawn. We want to release the series, but need to release one with the chance for the widest audience so that we can launch the books and we can make the series ongoing and not have to do mini-series because of lack of sales.

The Phantom is still shipping under the current series and had fallen wwwaaaaayyyyyy behind. Issue #11 is just in stores, and #12 should be around March. We're going to have an event project that a new Phantom series will come out of.

Mandrake is coming along, but we haven't found an artist we feel will fit the character well to launch.

The Spider will be launching in May, and what till you see what we have in store for him.

The Green Hornet is one of my favorite titles, and we have been winding down to one series, but there's a special upcoming series that will open the doors for more. It will be towards the end of the year, but I'm pretty sure you'll like it when you see it.

And always keep in mind, you can help keep series going by letting your friends know and posting on other sites your love for these characters so that we can get the widest audience possible.

We love series to be ongoing. The Boys and Red Sonja have been one of our longest running series, and it's because the fans help get the word out and the series do well. We need that kind of attention on all titles. We'll make the comics and push them, and if you collect them and help push them, there will be more on a regular basis.

sincerely,

Nick
                      And this is why I love dynamite entertainment! And why I wish I was working for them!

Comment

Didn't really expect answers on all of those, but boy do I appreciate getting the info! Way to go, Nicky B! I love that Dynamite has been building up its library of classic heroes: Green Hornet, (and now The Shadow and The Spider) covering the pulp avengers end, Lone Ranger and Zorro the westerns, and Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, The Phantom (and soon Mandrake) the classic comic strip heroes, and Warlord of Mars and Lord of the Jungle the ERB adventure heroes.

Other additions to Dynamite's lineup I'd love to see: Doc Savage, The Avenger (or Justice Inc., if you prefer), and Captain Midnight. Oh yeah, and Defenders of the Earth, since you've already got the characters.

Bring back Buck Rogers and Jungle Girl!

Comment

Thanks for letting us know. Great news.

Comment

Nick
                            Are the project and the series one and the same?

Love hearing that the ultimate goal is a PSP ongoing.

Comment

Originally posted by positronic View Post
                              Other additions to Dynamite's lineup I'd love to see: Doc Savage...
                              Seconded!
                              Come on, DE! You've got The Spider and The Shadow - you need the man of bronze to complete the holy trinity!

Comment

Working...
                              X