No announcement yet.

What series/characters do you read?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest started a topic What series/characters do you read?

What series/characters do you read?

The title says it all. What comics do people read? Of course the focus should be on Dynamite but if there is something else you love it wouldn't hurt to mention it.

My picks:

Favorite Dynamite:
    Green Hornet
    Zorro
    Phantom
    Project Superpowers

I will read the Shadow as soon as the trade is out.

Favorite Non Dynamite
    Dynamo 5
    Batman Beyond
    Green Arrow
    Zatanna
    THUNDER Agents (modern series)

Guest replied
    Originally posted by James View Post
    I would suggest Damsels to anybody..for any reason, including reasons not related to comics , "tough divorce, irs audit, terminal illness? Read Damsels.".
    LOL, I couldn't agree more.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    From Dynamite, I mostly read the ERB stuff, really stoked for "Lords of Mars". I may also check out Red Sonja, Lady Rawhide.
    Non Dynamite: VALIANT, Fearless Defenders, New Avengers.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well grimmfan, I would say, take a chance on something you aren't sure with. Dynamite has me reading and enjoying types of stories I didn't read before. Sometimes I'll just pick a new one of their titles up and be hooked, I haven't read grimm, so I don't really know the feel, but if you think you might be into a more classical adaptation of fairy tale stuff, or even of you don't think so, I would suggesst reading Damsels, I would suggest Damsels to anybody..for any reason, including reasons not related to comics , "tough divorce, irs audit, terminal illness? Read Damsels."

Seriously it is so awesome, 7 months ago I certainly didn't imagine that one day the story I was most into would be a story called "Damsels" about a bunch of fairy tale princesses, this books awesomeness has to be experienced to be believed.

Also check out the Vampirella Strikes mini. I read the ongoing too, The mini has been a lot of fun to me, So even if you don't like the character you can read a really awesome mini and move on. I could go on, I will end by saying if you take a chance and go out of your comfort zone, DE has a very high chance of making it your new comfort zone.

Now, as for this thread.

Dynamite Titles:
    Recently finish prophecy.
    I read the Spider
    Masks
    Vampirella
    Vampirella Strikes
    Peter Canon Thunderbolt
    Damsels
    Damsels Mermaids
    Miss Fury

Dynamite titlels I'm eagerly awaiting:
    Damsels Giantkiller
    Uncanny (super stoked)
    Gail Simones Red Sonja ( a chance for me to finally get in on that character)
    Any upcomming Minis With Vampi, I believe Southern Gothic is the next slated.

Non Dynamite titles:
    Batgirl (shes the best of the bats)
    Birds of Prey (more Batgirl)
    Nightwing
    All new X-men
    Uncanny X-men
    X-men Legacy
    Morbius the living Vampire
    Guardians of the Galaxy.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Grimm Fan Only

Just started with Dynamite because of the upcoming Grimm book! I am a massive Grimm fan. I wouldn't mind looking over some other Dynamite books but I'm not sure where to begin... Is there anyone out there familiar with Grimm who might be able to give advice on other similar Dynamite books?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    None any more...

Well a couple of years ago I was a Stargate but not a comic fan and started buying the Stargate comics, so there I was a new customer waiting to be hooked and wham the series used to draw me in disappears.

Chris D-W

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by BatHobbit View Post
    Unlike most fans I am giving the new 52 a chance. My anger is not that they rebooted DC but that Batman and GL who were the characters with the most need for a reboot/revamp didn't get it. This could have been a chance to undo Batman incorporated, the rainbow lanterns etc. they should have gone back to a classic Batman and Robin (grayson) and 1 Green Lantern on earth. AS much as I like Nightwing and Oracle I would be happy to lose them if it meant losing Guy Gardner, the Rainbow Lanterns, Damian Wayne, batman incorporated, Batwoman, and all the other lame attempts to cash in.
    What's wrong with Guy Gardner? He's not a lame attempt to cash in on anything; he's a character who's been around since 1968 and has had a sizeable fan base since his return in 1985. I was one of them, in fact-though since the reboot, I've sadly parted company with him and every other DC character.

Leave a comment:

• positronic
    replied
    BatHobbit, the Batman and Green Lantern titles were the only titles that were selling well before the reboot (and are still selling well after the reboot - in fact, even better). A hard reboot for these characters would have been a huge gamble, as opposed to Superman, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Teen Titans, and practically everything else, where the sales were already weak to begin with. And in the latter cases, that reboot definitely paid off. Personally, Green Lantern is one of only about a half-dozen DC titles left that I read. I can guarantee you I'd have quit if they'd rebooted it. And the only Batman titles I was reading were Incorporated and Batwoman.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Unlike most fans I am giving the new 52 a chance. My anger is not that they rebooted DC but that Batman and GL who were the characters with the most need for a reboot/revamp didn't get it. This could have been a chance to undo Batman incorporated, the rainbow lanterns etc. they should have gone back to a classic Batman and Robin (grayson) and 1 Green Lantern on earth. AS much as I like Nightwing and Oracle I would be happy to lose them if it meant losing Guy Gardner, the Rainbow Lanterns, Damian Wayne, batman incorporated, Batwoman, and all the other lame attempts to cash in.

Leave a comment:

• Ghornet2
    replied
    Originally posted by Ghornet2 View Post
    I was looking forward to the Earth2 /JSA stuff but after having seen the new look for Jay Garrick I'm very scared. I'm trying to stay positive but . . .
    My first reaction was that it was nice that he's in a sewer because that's where the costume belongs. But really other than the helmet and over done lightening bold on the leg it's not that bad.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by BatHobbit View Post
    Is jungle girl good? I was thinking of picked up the first volume hoping it would be like a female Phantom.

I have all 5 Dynamo 5 trades and it might be my favorite series (sorry Dynamite)
    No, Jungle Girl is more a female Tarzan. I like it very much, but the Volumes end with a cliffhanger each and there is no conclusion, yet. But it is very much fun reading it. I recommend the omnibus, published in a few months.

Leave a comment:

• positronic
    replied
    I'm just gonna call the new Earth 2 the evil dopplegangers (think Crime Syndicate) of the old Earth 2 and let it go at that. This doesn't look like anywhere I want to spend 15 minutes a month.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Okay, THAT I hadn't seen.

More like Jay Garish.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Is jungle girl good? I was thinking of picked up the first volume hoping it would be like a female Phantom.

I have all 5 Dynamo 5 trades and it might be my favorite series (sorry Dynamite)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X