Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BTW, must I point out that Vic the Veep is, was, and always has been Black Noir?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW, must I point out that Vic the Veep is, was, and always has been Black Noir?

Must I?

I think I mentioned it first close to three years ago. It's still true.

He was busy giving the thumbs up to Hughie while they were snatching Lucero right in front of Vic in Herogasm.

I figure you're kidding, but I just thought I'd show off.

Comment

Vic the Veep is actually Hughie's dead girlfriend, stitched together then reanimated by V Resurrection process.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustin View Post
        He was busy giving the thumbs up to Hughie while they were snatching Lucero right in front of Vic in Herogasm.

I figure you're kidding, but I just thought I'd show off.

Very nice! I thought so few of us actually bought Herogasm that I'd be able to pull it off. And I would have done it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids! /Scooby-Doo

Comment

Vic the Veep was the "perfect candidate".... Almost like he was manufactured....
          Hmmmm...

He may not be Black Noir, but he could come from the same project... Retarded women were used to carry V babies back in the day... Maybe the apple didn't fall far when Vic was born....

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Ch0c0 View Post
            Vic the Veep was the "perfect candidate".... Almost like he was manufactured....
            Hmmmm...

He may not be Black Noir, but he could come from the same project... Retarded women were used to carry V babies back in the day... Maybe the apple didn't fall far when Vic was born....

I still think it's Vic.

Ennis has never given two tugs of a dead dog's cock about continuity. For example, nothing can survive a bullet from the Saint of Killer's guns. Not even god himself. That's the plot around which all of Preacher revolves. "No bullet fired from those guns would ever miss their mark, and no wound would be anything but fatal." Except that Cassidy takes half a dozen rounds and shrugs it off like he'd been hit with popcorn. You'd have thought the Saint would have pissed himself once Cassidy showed back up. Or, in "The Meatman Cometh", Jesse says that he's never killed anyone before. Yet in the prequel "They Eat Horses, Don't They?" Jesse kills a minimum of two people, and not in ways that he'd be likely to forget or consider an accident. (One with a cattle-bolt to the brain, and the other by tying him to a horse and hanging him.)

So I recant my earlier recanting. Black Noir is Vic the friggin' Veep.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamakazi View Post
              I still think it's Vic.

Ennis has never given two tugs of a dead dog's cock about continuity. For example, nothing can survive a bullet from the Saint of Killer's guns. Not even god himself. That's the plot around which all of Preacher revolves. "No bullet fired from those guns would ever miss their mark, and no wound would be anything but fatal." Except that Cassidy takes half a dozen rounds and shrugs it off like he'd been hit with popcorn. You'd have thought the Saint would have pissed himself once Cassidy showed back up. Or, in "The Meatman Cometh", Jesse says that he's never killed anyone before. Yet in the prequel "They Eat Horses, Don't They?" Jesse kills a minimum of two people, and not in ways that he'd be likely to forget or consider an accident. (One with a cattle-bolt to the brain, and the other by tying him to a horse and hanging him.)

So I recant my earlier recanting. Black Noir is Vic the friggin' Veep.
              I don't recall the Saint shooting at Cassidy. It was some italian guy.

Comment

Originally posted by saidestroyer View Post
                I don't recall the Saint shooting at Cassidy. It was some italian guy.
                He did though. It's in the first of the trades, quite early on. Cassidy walks into a bar wher everyone has just been killed by TSOK, mouths off at him and gets shot. Then he wakes up later, healed. There's no shortage of people shooting at Cassidy in Preacher!

Comment

The Saint shot Cassidy once, and I recall reading somewhere that Ennis hadn't really cemented the rules in his head yet; and I recall one or two references in the Salvation arc to Jesse's memory not being what it used to be due to what happened when he lost his eye, so there's that if it helps you feel better.

Comment

Ennis should do what George Lucas did, and release a "special edition" Preacher. When Cassidy shows up at the hotel to save Jesse, TSOK should piss himself, and run screaming like a girl. Then at the end, it should be revealed that there are no such thing as vampires, Cassidy has been God all along. Jesse still kicks the shit out of him though, and gets killed by Starr, but the end is that Cassidy brings everyone back to life, only they've all switched bodies. Jesse is now Tulip, TSOK is now Arseface, and Tulip is now the dog, whatever the hell it's name was.

Comment

Ennis should do what George Lucas did, and release a "special edition" Preacher. When Cassidy shows up at the hotel to save Jesse, TSOK should piss himself, and run screaming like a girl. Then at the end, it should be revealed that there are no such thing as vampires, Cassidy has been God all along. Jesse still kicks the shit out of him though, and gets killed by Starr, but the end is that Cassidy brings everyone back to life, only they've all switched bodies. Jesse is now Tulip, TSOK is now Arseface, and Tulip is now the dog, whatever the hell it's name was.
                      I would have made Jesse the new God (with Tulip as his 'goddess'), Cassidy as the new SOK, Starr, I would make the new Devil (better to rule in hell, etc)

Speaking of Starr, I would make him more like VG rather than a Cobra Commander ripoff. Someone calm and collective on the outside, yet ruthless and manipulative inside.

I'm not sure what to do about Arseface...

Comment

A couple times now someone has made the claim that Jesse made the statement about never having killed anyone during the "Meatman" story. Just for the record, he claimed that in a very early "Preacher" story after he killed Cassidy's friend, Si. "Only person I ever killed was that fucker Coltrane," or words to that effect. By the time the "Meatman" rolled around, Jesse had done way too much killing over the course of the series to be making statements about not having killed anyone. He had killed hands at his grandmother's farm, he killed Jody, he killed Grail operatives, he shoved a sword up Jonathan's ass. Probably many others, but that's just what springs to mind.

And not to be too much of an apologist, but I suppose one could make that argument that in light of Cassidy's "condition", he was already dead when the Saint shot him, rendering the notion of the guns killing him a moot point.

If I defend "Preacher" overmuch, it's just because I think it's so much better than "The Boys" has been ...

Comment

Originally posted by gwiereng View Post
                          If I defend "Preacher" overmuch, it's just because I think it's so much better than "The Boys" has been ...

I don't think anyone would argue with you on that point, my friend. Defend away!

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Rogerson View Post
                            He did though. It's in the first of the trades, quite early on. Cassidy walks into a bar wher everyone has just been killed by TSOK, mouths off at him and gets shot. Then he wakes up later, healed. There's no shortage of people shooting at Cassidy in Preacher!
                            You're right! My short term memory isn't what it used to be (I re-read the whole series like a month ago).

I might have Alzheimer's, but at least I don't have Alzheimer's.

Comment

TSOK would be armed with a Lightsaber, too.

Speaking of Preacher, I don't know where Steve Dillon got inspiration/source material for Arseface, but ...
                              http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...richard-norris

And in all seriousness, I hope Mr. Norris heals well.

Comment

Working...
                              X