Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Dynamite Announces Pantha Ongoing Series"

http://www.brokenfrontier.com/headli...ongoing-series

Following the incredible success of Dynamite's Vampirella comics series comes the launch of Pantha in June 2012! First appearing in Vampirella #30, this ally of Vampirella is an ancient Egyptian cursed to live forever by the gods because of a killing spree she went on in ancient times. Dynamite Entertainment proudly presents Pantha #1, which will be written by Brandon Jerwa and drawn by Pow Rodrix, with covers by Mark Texiera and Sean Chen!

In Pantha #1, Pantha stalks the night, driving the forces of Chaos from the shadows and hunting them down like prey! Much more than a feral shapeshifter, Pantha is also an avatar for the Egyptian goddess Sekhmet - and she's going to learn that history can repeat in a violent, terrifying way! Featuring the return of several heroes and villains from the pages of PANTHA and VAMPIRELLA, "Dangerous Game" will be an important cornerstone for the future of Dynamite's epic Vampirella universe! Be sure to pick up Pantha #1 in June 2012!

Except for the Sean Chen cover, all the artwork shown in the article is from a previous Harris Comics Pantha series (which is being reprinted by DE in an upcoming volume of Vampirella Masters).

I might buy this, if I like the artwork, even though I don't buy the regular Vampirella series. Never heard of Pow Rodrix or Brandon Jerwa though.
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Interview with Marz:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=37567

Comment

I think you got your threads mixed up, Captain.
        DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Indeed I did.

Actually, I'm never sure whether to post these in the general forum or the DE Comics folder further down the page. That one seems to be for past material. If anyone objects to how I go about it (when I actually get it right, I mean) let me know.

Comment

If Pantha in her new ongoing is blackhaired with a leather trenchcoat I will read Vampirella instead.

Comment

I'll be first in line for new Dynamite material of Pantha collected in hardcover editions, even cheap TPs

Already ordered this reprint of classic appearances

- VAMPIRELLA MASTERS SERIES VOLUME 7: PANTHA TP

this place needs a wild feline type female character.

Last edited by Renaud; 04-11-2012, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Renaud View Post
                All be first in line for new Dynamite material of Pantha collected in hardcover editions, even cheap TPs

Already ordered

- VAMPIRELLA MASTERS SERIES VOLUME 7: PANTHA TP
                Not to burst your bubble or anything, but you do realize that the Vampirella Masters series of trade paperbacks are all "best of" collections of the stories previously published by Harris Comics, right? (And Vampirella Archives reprints the original Warren magazines of Vampi.) This is not "new Dynamite material". Although presumably there will be some collections of "new Dynamite material" coming down the road, once the new PANTHA series has published 6 issues or so...
                Last edited by positronic; 04-10-2012, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by positronic View Post
                  Not to burst your bubble or anything, but you do realize that the Vampirella Masters series of trade paperbacks are all "best of" collections of the stories previously published by Harris Comics, right? (And Vampirella Archives reprints the original Warren magazines of Vampi.) This is not "new Dynamite material". Although presumably there will be some collections of "new Dynamite material" coming down the road, once the new PANTHA series has published 6 issues or so...
                  I did, had a few of old the original issues before Dynamite ever existed

Got my TP today, nice to have it all together

And from the massive promotion of the new Pantha Dynamite material, shouldn't be too long before that gets collected as well, and the description of that seems like it's going to be interesting too.

Comment

Working...
                  X