Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vampirella #15 - They got it right again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampirella #15 - They got it right again!

I'm surprised no one has posted about the latest issue, as it continues to entertain in an unprecedented way for the Dynamite run so far. A pity the new series couldn't have started like this.

I particularly enjoyed when the priest suggested Vampi might consider a coat. These kind of moments are always fun but can only come rarely, as they break down suspension-of-disbelief with respect to the costume. There's kind of an intimate, private relationship between the reader and the comic -- like we alone have the X-ray specs while her fictional world sees her much differently.

The art was up-to-the task. Her hair in some of the profile shots, especially where Vampi was walking into the building to find Sophia, was very similar to the way Gonzalez drew it. Nice touch.

The priest's monologue was good, though it started to grow tiresome near the end. At any rate, I'm not sure what's going to happen but I'm looking forward to it! Well done, Eric.

loving every issue till now!!

I am even considering getting the TPB's as well on the side because this "waiting a month" kinda is long and with a TPB I can read it cover to back in one nice read !!

Comment

+ - Vampirella can't stay grounded, right? After Harris cut off her wings, now she
      sprouts wings between her fingers. This is very stylish and batlike (and will give any
      monstergirl-lover instant boner ) but falls under the usual "What, Me Continuity?".
      Well, if anyone asks me, we can keep that.
      - + Oh god, this breathtaking suspension. Eric, I hope you deliver next issue,
      otherwise the cliffhanging has been overdone. (I abstain from speculations,
      although I have certain preconceptions.)
      o Preliminary Working Hypothesis: Sofia is the Wesley of Vampirella

Comment

It is good to see Vampi back in her costume . . . however, she seems pissed about it. Is this Troutmann’s passive-aggressive poke at the fans for not accepting her in the pant-suit with the gangsta’ bat medallion?

Comment

Originally posted by Day Walker View Post
          It is good to see Vampi back in her costume . . . however, she seems pissed about it. Is this Troutmann’s passive-aggressive poke at the fans for not accepting her in the pant-suit with the gangsta’ bat medallion?
          It bothers me too, but I take solace in the fact that, given Vampi's publishing history & lack of continuity, this will soon be forgotten and replaced by something completely different. Remember in Second Coming she died, never to rise again...

Comment

Originally posted by rlvaugh View Post
            Remember in Second Coming she died, never to rise again...
            Remember Sledge Hammer died before his 2nd season, never to rise again...

Comment

Vampirella as a comic is sort of like Scottish weather, if you don't like it, wait 20 minutes and it will change!

Comment

Working...
              X