The Chronicles of Riddick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chronicles of Riddick?

I have decided to outline my proposal for a "Chronicles of Riddick" comic series

The series does not have a huge following, but it has a decent sized following. The continuity of the series is complex and disorganized, there are three live-action movies (third one isnt released yet), an animated film, and a short live-action film that added new details and recapped the first film, there is also a complex series of DVD and Blu-ray extras, and two INCREDIBLY GOOD video games, and two novelizations of the films that add new details, and a flash movie and game!

WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEAN, it means things are a mess, A HUGE MESS, a mess like you WOULDNT BELIEVE. There is a huge debate over whether Riddicks Eyeshine (his trademark ability) is natural to his species, or if it is surgical! There are conflicting accounts.

Originally it started out as a survival horror movie, but the character Riddick ended up being compelling and interesting. Thus the series became "The Chronicles of Riddick" and everything in the series was re-branded as such. The series has evolved, into .. . . It could almost be described as "anti buck-rogers/flash-gordon"

It is an epic space adventure, about a murderous psychopath who is constantly on the run from the law, or trying to escape a prison. The two stories thave have cemented themselves are "Riddick is in a Prison" and "Riddick is fighting some form of mercenary" of course there are other... stories possible and compatible, but these are the most familiar. There are no SAPIENT alien species in the riddick universe, but there are human variations (and some hints at sapient aliens), but alien CREATURES are a staple of the Chronicles of Riddick, riddicks story is not complete if he doesn't triumph over some horrifying space monster.

there is also some forms of what could be called "mysticism" in the chronicles of riddick, spirituality and all that jazz!

My Proposal for a "Chronicles of Riddick" series would be an eight issue miniseries to test the waters for a larger riddick series. The main goals of the comic would be to help sort out some of the muddled backstory (for example all that is known about the timeline is that it is sometime after 3140). The chronicles of riddick would make an excellent addition to dynamite comics.

If you guys decide to pick up the chronicles of riddick tell me! I know the universe (in all of its muddled glory) very well, and I would be happy to help.

delete this thread please, I need to make a better one

Comment

To my personal regret Dynamite is not too well known for bringing order into chaos. At the contrary things have gone very messy for Red Sonja-fans and Vampirella-fans too. Riddick is a franchise that fits into the Dynamite ensemble but if you want a timeline you better pick someone else.

Comment

I think they could do it!

and I really do believe that dynamite needs a dark counterpart to the amazing flash-gordon series

Comment

Of course they could. Instead they do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Bryan View Post
            Of course they could. Instead they do not.
            I still want a riddick comic XD it would be perfect for dynamites line-up

Comment

I've been wanting a CoR expanded universe for ages. Comics, novels, etc. Don't know why it hasn't happened yet.

All the stuff has to tie together, though, like the Star Wars expanded universe.

Comment

I would seriously consider reading a COR Comic but the writer/artist would be a major factor as well.

As far as some of the things mentioned in the OP such as..... People debating whether Riddick's eyes are surgical or species related is something I like. There should be some mystery involved with characters.

Comment

Originally posted by BountyHunter View Post
                  I've been wanting a CoR expanded universe for ages. Comics, novels, etc. Don't know why it hasn't happened yet.

All the stuff has to tie together, though, like the Star Wars expanded universe.
                  There kinda is, two video games, two novelizations, several flash movies, a short film . . . there is a surprising amount of things to the chronicles of riddick

http://thechroniclesofriddick.wikia.com/wiki/Rykengolls

take for example the Rykengolls, mentioned in the DVD extras of both Pitch Black and TCOR, mentioned by one of the characters in the animated film, and in the online flash game "The Hunt for Riddick".

These guys are certainly worthy of being a comic villain wouldnt you say?

Comment

and a new movie underway!

Vin Diesel just posted a cool photo of the set!

Comment

BTW, I really liked this idea more and more as I thought about it and I made a thread proposing a Riddick series on another forum I belong too. It got some nice responses and there seems to be a good amount of interest....

Fans of Pitch Black / Chronicles of Riddick

Comment

I have been obsessing over the idea a bit XD

plus a comic would be great for presenting some of the more . . .awesome, and alien things in this universe

they could do riddick stranded in a swamp world . . . things that are too difficult for the movie budgets

Comment

Wanted to give this thread and idea another bump because there is going to be a new Riddick movie coming out. According to IMDb and Wikipedia it's completed and scheduled to be released 9-6-13.

What a perfect time to start a Pitch Black/Chronicles of Riddick comic.

Comment

Working...
                          X