The Remaining Plot Threads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Remaining Plot Threads

I don't know where Ennis is going now with this. I was thinking of what's unanswered, what's still to be determined, and I'm not sure that I'm very intersted...

1. Stilwell- Yeah, there'll be a confrontation. With Butcher. I see a crowbar coming. Surely, this doesn't need a lot of pages?
    2. Mallory- I think there is a mystery to finish. I don't think he's dead (wouldn't MM have heard and mentioned it)? Does anybody really care for this character?
    3. Hughie- Going from the issue 66 blurb, I bet he's getting a promotion from Butcher, for no good reason other than to create drma. Don't care. I enjoyed all the shots of him freaking out in issue 65. Do we need anything more from him? Other than more drama with Annie?
    4. MM's family issues- You know, there was a reason he didn't get his own mini-series. Not that interesting.
    5. Militarized supes- This might be story arc-worthy. Might.

I almost went back and deleted my comment on the other thread where I wished for HL's and QM's disembodied heads to return for the last arc, because it was so over the top ridiculous (and we are all about not being ridiculous here). Now, I'm wondering if it might be a pretty good idea.

Originally posted by statsman View Post
    I almost went back and deleted my comment on the other thread where I wished for HL's and QM's disembodied heads to return for the last arc, because it was so over the top ridiculous (and we are all about not being ridiculous here). Now, I'm wondering if it might be a pretty good idea.
    Well, you know, maybe somebody retrieved A-Train's head, and it will be revealed that the "Atlantean Curse" that was placed on The Deep is that his head isn't actually attached to his body, and his helmet is all that holds it on. They'll form a NEW superteam, taking turns wearing The Deep's body.

Comment

There's one more thing- Hughie is adopted, right? Rule of Melodramatic Plots # 7 says "Any adopted character must have a last act reveal of 'the mystery of their parents', resolving at least three plot issues'."

Comment

The New Boys

I think in the end it will just be Hughie and Annie left alive, and maybe they start their own version of The Boys, unless Annie dies a spectacular death, a la Johnny Storm going supernova or similar.

Comment

After Highland Laddie I just want things to end badly for Hughie I really hated that story arc.

Comment

Originally posted by statsman View Post
            I don't know where Ennis is going now with this. I was thinking of what's unanswered, what's still to be determined, and I'm not sure that I'm very intersted...
            You forgot the best bits:

- Will Vought Gal manage to marry Vought Guy (I refuse to call him Stillwell)?
            - How bad will Annie dump Hughie? Will she get killed by Butcher? Who will Hughie get killed by?
            - Will SuperDuper become the first militarized supes in actual service?
            - Was Terror V-ed up, too?
            - Is Frenchie really French?

Comment

Some other plot threads...
              • What's Monkey been up to?
              • What's the deal with Vought Girl 2? (The one that gave Raynor a hard time?)
              • Did Vought really have plans to create a new Homelander?

Comment

Have we considered (and we may have, my brain is more riddled with holes than a swiss-cheese sculpture of John Lennon) the possibility that events of Issue #65 are all part of Vought Guy's master plan? After all, what better way to get rid of all the "Crap Supes" than to take them all out at once, while simultaneously ridding themselves of Vic the Veep? Assuming that Mallory was in with Vought all along, wouldn't it make sense that Mallory was actually training a REAL team of military-grade Supes whilst setting up Butcher and company as his own personal hit-squad to deal with the likes of the Seven? It always struck me as odd that Vought is smart enough to employ the Red River guys, but too stupid to just start injecting actual soldiers with V. In any universe not controlled by Ennis, they'd have an entire squad of V'd up Navy Seals already in operation. It seems like it'd certainly make a lot more sense to peddle V as a combat enhancement for existing troops than it does fund these ridiculous-assed teams that require zombie clones of each other as failsafes against their own massive incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterS View Post
                  Some other plot threads...
                  • What's Monkey been up to?
                  • What's the deal with Vought Girl 2? (The one that gave Raynor a hard time?)
                  • Did Vought really have plans to create a new Homelander?
                  We'll find out in 67, according to the solicitation.
                  VG2 is dead. She wore a red suit. She was in the White House when all of the supes came down in 63. In 65 there was a headless body in a red suit in the hallway outside the Oval Office.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamakazi View Post
                    Have we considered (and we may have, my brain is more riddled with holes than a swiss-cheese sculpture of John Lennon) the possibility that events of Issue #65 are all part of Vought Guy's master plan? After all, what better way to get rid of all the "Crap Supes" than to take them all out at once, while simultaneously ridding themselves of Vic the Veep?
                    True, in some ways. This may have been what they were working to, but HL's actions blew the whole thing up. President Pelosi will have to start a huge investigation of Vought. Now, Vought Guy may survive (throwing Vought Girl and his CEO under the bus), so you may be right. If so, the crowbar to the head just becomes more inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustin View Post
                      We'll find out in 67, according to the solicitation.
                      VG2 is dead. She wore a red suit. She was in the White House when all of the supes came down in 63. In 65 there was a headless body in a red suit in the hallway outside the Oval Office.
                      I'm not so sure of that. Without proper ID (such as a head) it could be anybody.
                      Also, whoever she is, she seems to have as much charisma as Stillwell himself.

Comment

She was not a plot point. She was a caricature of Bush' Sec. of State Condi Rice. Just like Vic is Dubya, and Dakota Bob is Cheney.

Comment

prediction

Hughie redeems himself by saving Annie from Butcher or perhaps killing Butcher after Butcher takes out Annie.

Comment

It turns out that Mallory recruited MM to be a fail-safe to take out Butcher should he ever prove to be..."unreliable". Things don't go as Mallory planned, though, and we have a reprise of the full page "Noir carrying HL torso" scene, except it's MM carrying Butcher's drunk body out of a bar and to a cab.

Comment

Or The Female, at Frenchie's word, might be the failsafe! (I never did buy his origin story)

Comment

Working...
                              X