X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt

Coming in September from DE:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=39159

I am excited for this, but is it another nail in the PSP coffin that DE keeps looking at more and more super-heroes and PSP remains in limbo? I hope not. Despite that, the creative team is solid so it should be a good read.

Oh, yes! Peter Cannon is a character I've liked ever since I found several issues of the original Charlton series at a South London street market in the early eighties, and I have fond memories of his short lived DC series. I think he could be a great fit for DE. Really excited for this.

Comment

Pleased to hear this, as I like the character. Hopefully Dynamite will release a tpb of his early adventures.

Comment

Liked it

hey,

I like that charachter too...
        Last edited by Awearo; 07-07-2012, 08:14 AM.

Comment

I have some mixed feelings about this, since on the one hand it means that he won't be part of the DCU anymore, but on the other hand, since the DCU he'd be part of right now is (in my considered opinion) a ghastly mess, I guess it isn't as much of a loss. Maybe Grant can get special permission to use him in his Charlton world for Multiversity?

Anyone know what his last few DCU appearances were?

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
            I have some mixed feelings about this, since on the one hand it means that he won't be part of the DCU anymore, but on the other hand, since the DCU he'd be part of right now is (in my considered opinion) a ghastly mess, I guess it isn't as much of a loss. Maybe Grant can get special permission to use him in his Charlton world for Multiversity?

Anyone know what his last few DCU appearances were?
            Aside from the odd unauthorized, unnamed cameo in a crowd scene, he hasn't been seen in a DC book since the mid 90s when they changed his costume in JLE. After that, I gather the rights reverted to Pete Morisi. I've also heard Morisi didn't like what DC did to the character's look and pulled the rights, but I don't know whether that's true or not. Either way, Thunderbolt hasn't been a part of the DCU for over ten years and I doubt he ever would have been again even if nobody else was using him.

Comment

Aha, thank you! I thought he was in the "L.A.W. (Living Assault Weapons)" miniseries but I was indeed mistaken. I wonder if Son of Vulcan is still DC's...

Comment

Count me in as super excited for this, I know nothing of the character and yet i am pumped up for this book based off of the fact that its dynamite putting it out and the fact that the character design looks amazing! More stuff like this Dynamite.....PLEASE!

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                  Aha, thank you! I thought he was in the "L.A.W. (Living Assault Weapons)" miniseries but I was indeed mistaken. I wonder if Son of Vulcan is still DC's...
                  They put out a series called "Son of Vulcan" a few years ago, so I assume so. Completely new character, though.

Comment

T-bolt's costume

Originally posted by tony ingram View Post
                    Aside from the odd unauthorized, unnamed cameo in a crowd scene, he hasn't been seen in a DC book since the mid 90s when they changed his costume in JLE. After that, I gather the rights reverted to Pete Morisi. I've also heard Morisi didn't like what DC did to the character's look and pulled the rights, but I don't know whether that's true or not. Either way, Thunderbolt hasn't been a part of the DCU for over ten years and I doubt he ever would have been again even if nobody else was using him.
                    Everyone at Dynamite has commented on what a unique costume T-bolt had, and yet they changed it more so than DC did. I could overlook most the change, but not the fact that they removed the black & yellow belt that Pepe Morisi disigned for the character. Personally, I think they should have copies the original Daredevil's costume more and added the boots and belt that Morisi gave the original.

Comment

There's just GOT to be a scene in the comic somewhere where Peter Cannon runs into the Death Defying 'Devil, since they both obviously frequent the same costume shop...
                      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by Glens46golden View Post
                        Everyone at Dynamite has commented on what a unique costume T-bolt had, and yet they changed it more so than DC did. I could overlook most the change, but not the fact that they removed the black & yellow belt that Pepe Morisi disigned for the character. Personally, I think they should have copies the original Daredevil's costume more and added the boots and belt that Morisi gave the original.
                        "More so than DC did"? I suspect you have never seen the costume we were talking about earlier, the one DC gave him in the early 90s. Seriously, it was completely unrecognisable. I wish I had a picture to hand.

Comment

i'm glad i suggested that dynamite aquired t-bolt like i suggested a couple of years ago
                          will i check it out to quote mr cannon himself i can do it i must do it I WILL DO IT

Comment

Originally posted by tony ingram View Post
                            "More so than DC did"? I suspect you have never seen the costume we were talking about earlier, the one DC gave him in the early 90s. Seriously, it was completely unrecognisable. I wish I had a picture to hand.
                            What, THIS one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	62373_20060910115245_large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	48614

Unrecognizable? Looks to me like the major change was in covering up the bare legs, and making the domino mask look more like Captain Mar-Vell's. Other than that it looked pretty close. Here's a couple of pix of Pete Morisi's original Charlton artwork:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thunderbolt 2.jpg
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	48615Click image for larger version

Name:	Thunderbolt 3.jpg
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	48616
                            DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

No, not that one. That is the costume used in DC's Thunderbolt book, yes, but the point I was making was that they later changed his costume when he was with the Justice League, and that version was completely unrecognizable as Peter Cannon. I'll try to find an image. Shoulder pads and a ponytail featured heavily, as I recall.
                              Last edited by tony ingram; 07-05-2012, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X