The Boys #68 preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boys #68 preview

Yadda yadda, dick joke, something something, Hughie looks a bit less idiot than usual, blablabla.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=12832

This last arc reminds me of a Cracked list, but instead of an article about how the happy ending we got really isn't, its actually part of the story.

Comment

Wait a tick so this means Oh Fathers plan of fucking airplanes up would have worked?

Comment

Originally posted by Dannycat View Post
        Wait a tick so this means Oh Fathers plan of fucking airplanes up would have worked?
        It would have. But it was nice to see that pedo bastard blown to pieces again, even if it was a sorta flashback

Comment

They should've called this arc- So Much Shit Has Hit The Fan It No Longer Spins Properly

Comment

Called it: Vogelbaum still alive and well.

Comment

How come Hughie has been an annoying useless douchebag for several years and suddenly gets decisive and competent? Should we not have seen some signs of character development over this time period? I suppose he told Old Man Mallory to fuck himself but other than that he's been pretty dickless.

Comment

On the subject of supes actually having had a shot at taking over america I now really want to see what the hell they were going to do when they conquered it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannycat View Post
                  On the subject of supes actually having had a shot at taking over america I now really want to see what the hell they were going to do when they conquered it.
                  Well, assuming all the supes involved were fully aware of Homie's plot, and that BN wasn't going to terminate Homie it would be interesting to see if they could pull it off.

Comment

That's in an alternate timeline. Wait for the reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Beer View Post
                      How come Hughie has been an annoying useless douchebag for several years and suddenly gets decisive and competent? Should we not have seen some signs of character development over this time period? I suppose he told Old Man Mallory to fuck himself but other than that he's been pretty dickless.
                      Yes, yes, yes!

But for this to be interesting, it should have happened by 11 at the latest. Hell, I could have written a better thing...

Chris

Comment

Holy crap!!! I just read #68

The only spoiler I'm going to share is... Butcher goes all '90s Aquaman at the end. Goddamit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Beer View Post
                          Yeah, that was my first thought as well. Suddenly, Hughie has become Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD. Shouldn't it be MM who rallies the troops and does the explaining? Sorry Garth, it's too damn late to make me by Hughie as anything other than a lame sack of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamakazi View Post
                            Yeah, that was my first thought as well. Suddenly, Hughie has become Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD. Shouldn't it be MM who rallies the troops and does the explaining? Sorry Garth, it's too damn late to make me by Hughie as anything other than a lame sack of crap.
                            I don't know if I imagined this, but didn't Ennis get interviewed and specifically explained how typical story arcs have people develop compentency to an unlikely degree and in fact Hughie was written to be realistic in that he intentionally did not attain this fictional level of usefulness? If so, it makes it twice as annoying because Hughie could have in fact have been non-crap any time in the last two years or so but Ennis had to have his cake and eat it too. God it's the Thomas Covenant Chronicals all over again, I said Donaldson, Donaldson, you can make him a whiny bitch for 200 pages and I will care and be inspired if he suddenly mans up but dammit if you make it the single last page I don't want to know if he finds his balls and decides to be a hero, he had his chance a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ambaxtoxin View Post
                              Called it: Vogelbaum still alive and well.
                              I think I called it first, Mr 'tox.

Comment

Working...
                              X