The Boys OST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boys OST

Now listen here, lads, if these pesky wee interferin' hollywood cunts can get one thing right, it would be a killer soundtrack to The Boys.
    And with all our help, they can do it.

Here are my contributions, some of which may seem obvious, yet very fitting indeed, help me out, though, I'm sure I'm missing some crackers.

* (for the intro) Dynamite! - Sly & The Family Stone
    * The Boys are Back in Town - Thin Lizzy (yes, I know, but it is a great song, nevertheless)
    * Teenage Kicks - The Undertones
    * Louie Louie - (preferably) Iggy Pop
    * Stayin' Alive - Bee Gees
    * pretty much anything by Ian Dury & The Blockheads, but notably, 'Billericay Dickie', 'Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll', 'Blackmail Man', 'Hit Me with your Rhythm Stick'

-that's my two cents

-cock out

The important question is what would Malchemical want to listen to?

Comment

im not the one whos so far away

hey hey we are forgeting about the most important genre of testosterone fueled mayhem OHH WAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

Originally posted by DJETHANOL View Post
        hey hey we are forgeting about the most important genre of testosterone fueled mayhem OHH WAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
        Dear god I though I had forgotten that song.

Comment

Theme for Malchemical = The MC5s 'Kick out the JAMs'.

I kind of assumed someone like Butcher would have no interest in music, but he does have a fondness for Beethoven's Ninth, which also provides a natty Clockwork Orange reference.

For Frenchy, I'd be looking at Plastic Bertrand's 'Ça Plane Pour Moi' for a fight scene.

And of course the arial fight scene should be set to Tenpole Tudor's 'Swords of a Thousand Men'. Obviously.

The Female is a tricky proposition. I reckon a slo-mo fight scene set to Death in Vegas' 'Dirge' would do nicely though.

For Hughie, you need something a bit whiney that just sort of ambles along and is vaguely Scottish - maybe Dry the Rain by the Beta Band, although it figured prominently on 'High Fidelity', but who cares...
          Last edited by Simon Rogerson; 07-12-2012, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Argh dammit I promised myself I wouldn't get suckered into this thread, but now I've started...

I'd make a lot of use of the Pixies' album Surfa Rosa, which has a lot of short, brutal tunes ideal for fight scenes.

For an early sequence of a supe getting beaten up, I'd use 'Tony's Theme', which is anthemic and even has a handy reference to 'a friend who's a superhero'. Tellingly ironic.

For the intro music, I'd use 'Bone Machine' and I'd save 'Something Against You' for a particularly nasty fight. I'd close out with 'Gigantic'. Of course, this mirrors Fight Club, whcih in a stroke of pure genuis played out with 'Where is My Mind?' so perfectly that it can never again be used on a film.

However, that does bring me to a final point. The ideal director would be not Guy Ritchie, but David Fincher, who would have the vision to turn The Boys into something truly subversive. Let's face it, with Avengers Assemble now the third most successful movie in history, producers are going to be looking for different seams to mine in the superhero genre. It could yet happen.

Comment

-nothing trite, please lads. We're looking for quality, here. Anything that fits like a well worn French-letter

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Rogerson View Post
                Theme for Malchemical = The MC5s 'Kick out the JAMs'.

I kind of assumed someone like Butcher would have no interest in music, but he does have a fondness for Beethoven's Ninth, which also provides a natty Clockwork Orange reference.
                He has sung both of these songs to himself at certain points:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN5FXD4av4M
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0znZ-IoZtm4

Comment

Originally posted by Dannycat View Post
                  The important question is what would Malchemical want to listen to?
                  http://youtu.be/MaU5qkQJ1e4

Obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamakazi View Post
                    Strong approval.

Comment

Please. The Pogues are doing the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth View Post
                        Please. The Vengaboys are doing the whole thing.
                        Fixed.

Ahem.

Comment

Working...
                        X