Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's EVIL ERNIE time!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/...ot-evil-ernie/

Evil Ernie is back and this time he's playing with DYNAMITE! See what I did there?
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

I never cared for Evil Ernie but I will give the first issue a shot. Its the last I can do seeing as how Dynamite has supplied me with so many amazing comics throughout the years.

Comment

i predict this will be about as successful as DDP's version.

Comment

While I probably won't be jumping on this book, I'm glad that Dynamite is making use of their Chaos Comics purchase from a few years back. Very nice pages posted on FB and Twitter by the way.

Comment

Loved the Dan Brerton cover variant. If he were writing/illustrating the entire thing, I'd probably buy it. The problem with Evil Ernie was always that it was so clearly aimed at meth-heads. I'm interested in seeing the direction Dynamite goes with him.

Comment

Killer Knight

Well lets give him another dead army , only this time he needs bigger guns to help him get a different chick. Do you think Chaz might still be up for him?

Comment

Having never read Evil Ernie (I only looked up his Wikipedia page), what's... er... his appeal? Is it pretty much dark violent humor like Lobo or JTHM?

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                Having never read Evil Ernie (I only looked up his Wikipedia page), what's... er... his appeal? Is it pretty much dark violent humor like Lobo or JTHM?
                Nothing at all like Lobo.

I hate to admit it, but I read Evil Ernie back in the late 90's. It's the kind of book that appeals to knuckleheads, burnouts, druggies and losers. And yes, I was all of those things. Trying to explain his appeal is like trying to explain why anyone would listen to Cannibal Corpse, watch "Faces of Death", or read a Twilight novel.

That being said: I think Dynamite could resurrect him successfully, but it'd require a TOTAL reboot, unless all you ever want to attract are people who still think Iron Maiden is "bad as hell, man".

Comment

Evil 4 Life!

Hellz Yeah The Evil One Is Back... And Being Brought Back By None Other Then Jesse Blaze Snider!
                  Just Got My Dan Brereton Regular Cover, Nick Bradshaw Regular Cover, And Ardian Syaf Regular Cover ordered...
                  #EvilErnieVsCaptHowdy #EvilInStrangeland
                  ☣ 13 \m/ (◣_◢) \m/ 13 Ω

Comment

#SmileySays "Maybe life just isn't for everyone."

Originally posted by Kamakazi View Post
                    Nothing at all like Lobo.

I hate to admit it, but I read Evil Ernie back in the late 90's. It's the kind of book that appeals to knuckleheads, burnouts, druggies and losers. And yes, I was all of those things. Trying to explain his appeal is like trying to explain why anyone would listen to Cannibal Corpse, watch "Faces of Death", or read a Twilight novel.

That being said: I think Dynamite could resurrect him successfully, but it'd require a TOTAL reboot, unless all you ever want to attract are people who still think Iron Maiden is "bad as hell, man".
                    Well Lets See The James Gang Over At Jesse James Comics, Jesse Blaze Snider And Myself Are Some Of The Biggest Evil Ernie Fans On The Planet And We Are Clearly Not What You Claim...

I am only 33 Evil Ernie Comic Away From Having Every Evil Ernie Made...

I was 12 Years Old When I Picked Up My First Evil Ernie Comic Thru Out The 90's Comics And Action Figure Collecting Was One Of The Main Reason I Never Even Touched A Drug Or Underage Drank I Felt It Was A Waste Of Time And Money... Were As Comics And Figures You Can Show Off For Years To come, Trade With Your Clik Like My Clik Did, Or Sale...

☣ 13 \m/ (◣_◢) \m/ 13 Ω

Comment

no title!

I've read the first 2 issues of Evil Ernie, and I think its a blast! I certainly wouldn't say its only for knuckle draggers and meth addicts , I'm neither of those. Its a good time, the writing is superb for the character, and I think surprisingly deep, Snider is taking a chance here, but he knows the source the material and in my opinion is doing an awesome job, Smiley's humor I think is very much "my generation" and I love how the awesome panel art and grim story gives way occasionaly to something so outlandishly funny spoken by a smiley badge.

Snider and Craig work so well together to craft this story, I think It would be a real shame to dismiss it because you consider it "low brow".

It is certainly violent and dark, but thats what its supposed to be.

I read 8 Dynamite titles and I can honestly say I'm looking forward to the next issue of this more then the others.

I can't stress that enough, and without being to spoilery, man, the end of issue 1..."six hundred and sixty-FIVE souls" "one to go"

Those panels..and the next page with ernie in all his unholy glory, I'm not sure if "murder-erection" is a medical term..but if it is, thats what I got.

I realize that blood, guts and 'splosions is not everyone's cup of tea, but to suggest that the story is only for drug addicts and idiots is not only extremely arrogant..but its very Un-bro of you dude.

Comment

Zero interest THEN...

...ZERO interest NOW.

HOWEVER: Good luck to everyone inviolved.

Comment

Chaos

I was a fan of the original Chaos universe and would like to see DE develop the other characters as well like Chastity, Purgatory, Cremator. I think you could fuse both the Chaos/Harris universes and create a new one "Dynamite Dark" and also bring back the Rook.

Comment

Working...
                          X