Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• positronic
    replied
    Lesson learned: If you're going to go head-to-head in competition with the big dogs in the superhero genre, you have to offer something *different* from the standard mainstream superhero comic. But it's a tightrope act, since anything TOO different won't be embraced by the marketplace either. It has to have its own unique spin while not being TOO "standard mainstream", since Marvel and DC will always have the ability to crowd everyone else's superhero titles off the stands.

Leave a comment:

• Ghornet2
    replied
    Project:Superpowers could have been their new superhero universe. They had already added some new heroes and could have eaisly added more. The GA heroes could have been the fondation with familiar characters. They went with the "big story" rather than expanding on a solid base. and it didn't work.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think there's some really good stuff coming out of Marvel right now (Wolverine and the X-Men, for instance). DC has some good stuff, but I don't like a lot of the rebooted DCU. (A lot of it seems grim and cynical to me.) Mainly I follow writers back and forth because I know I'll enjoy their work.

Leave a comment:

• positronic
    replied
    If I wanted another boring superteam, I'd go back to reading Marvel or DC. Used to love them once upon a time. Now they're as cheap and plentiful (and unoriginal) as what they refer to as "reality TV". Yawn.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    it would be hard to get off the ground I think . . .

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Ralok View Post
    I think hell would freeze ove XD

They have a lot of comic series they are handling right now. . . and this would take a supreme amount of effort

when you create a new universe, you are not just creating characters . . . you need to create rules, limits. . .

it is easier to write in an existing property than it is to create a new one
    I guess you're right. But what if Marvel's X-Men were never created? No Justice League or Teen Titans? What if New Warriors were set aside or the Strangers. What if Valiant turned down the idea to create Secret Weapons? I guess its pointless DE is mostly into existing properties as you say but What IF? Plus I think reader input within these forums could inspire new ideas for new characters maybe some sort of contests could be offered. I would love to offer a new character for an upcoming DE hero group.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think hell would freeze ove XD

They have a lot of comic series they are handling right now. . . and this would take a supreme amount of effort

when you create a new universe, you are not just creating characters . . . you need to create rules, limits. . .

it is easier to write in an existing property than it is to create a new one

Leave a comment:

Working...
X