Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voltron & Voltron: Year 1 series questions (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltron & Voltron: Year 1 series questions (SPOILERS)

Regular Voltron series:

1) Was Alec Sigis in the original show at all? So his soul was stuck somewhere on Earth, then somehow attached to Voltron in that "mystical attack" when Voltron force was passing by, headed to NYC right before the start of #1? He told them all about Camp Defender, and its slingshot device, which got them to "Moon-2" to take on Zarkon. And Keith and co. just trusted him off the bat by allowing him to fight as Voltron by himself in #1?

2) So Earth has 2 moons now, one of them Zarkon's newly-made base, attacking Earth in issue #1 to get Voltron for some reason, and fully-conquer Earth. If Zarkon's been so defeated in the past, how does he seem to have so much power over Earth at the start of this series?

3) Which Voltron lion(s) does Zarkon have with him, starting in issue #3? Just Keith's black one, right? Why not have all of them? And what was his entire goal in taking them?

4) How is it that Arus was also at fault, occording to Zarkon?

5) Whatever became of Sven in the original cartoon? I think I recall he got injured, and Princess Allura took over for him, but not sure after that.

6) By Vehicle Voltron appearing in "a near universe, 2089," what does that mean? Weren't both Lion Voltron and Vehicle Voltron in the same universe?

Voltron: Year 1:

1) What is the full story behind their mission given to them to save this "Roswell Rabins" guy?

2) The team's new assignment in #3: What is it about, exactly, and how is General Evers a traitor?

Sorry for all these questions, also as I haven't seen the original Voltron cartoon for awhile, and I don't recall everything.

Keith,

Sorry for the crazy long delay, since the forums were consolidated, don't check this one nearly as much as I should. Answers below as best I can offer without giving away any important future bits....

Originally posted by Keith View Post
    Regular Voltron series:

1) Was Alec Sigis in the original show at all? So his soul was stuck somewhere on Earth, then somehow attached to Voltron in that "mystical attack" when Voltron force was passing by, headed to NYC right before the start of #1? He told them all about Camp Defender, and its slingshot device, which got them to "Moon-2" to take on Zarkon. And Keith and co. just trusted him off the bat by allowing him to fight as Voltron by himself in #1?

---Sigis was created for this series and never appeared in the original show. There was always an implication that there was some kind of consciousness or spirit within Voltron, so introducing Sigis was just an extension of that idea. Without giving away too much (and this is a little more simplified than the actual explanation which I hope we'll get to) but the emotional trauma involved with casting the spell that not only took his life, but trapped him within Voltron left an "imprint" or "psychic echo" on Earth in the location it happened. The Voltron unit unknowingly encountered this echo which shocked his consciousness back to the forefront, after being buried deep within Voltron by Haggar splitting the lions apart before our team originally found them on Arus...

As for trust and the depth of the connection between Sigis and most specifically, Keith, stay tuned...

2) So Earth has 2 moons now, one of them Zarkon's newly-made base, attacking Earth in issue #1 to get Voltron for some reason, and fully-conquer Earth. If Zarkon's been so defeated in the past, how does he seem to have so much power over Earth at the start of this series?

---The Moon itself was not constructed by Zarkon, only being used by his forces as a mobile base of operations, making his Earth strike a little simpler to manage. The strength of his latest assault could be chalked up to him throwing every single thing he had at Earth in one last desperate effort...

3) Which Voltron lion(s) does Zarkon have with him, starting in issue #3? Just Keith's black one, right? Why not have all of them? And what was his entire goal in taking them?

---Just Keith's because that was the best avenue to Alec Sigis. The plan was to wrench him from the heart of Voltron and replace him with something else. More info on this bit very soon...

4) How is it that Arus was also at fault, occording to Zarkon?

---Hopefully issue #6 answered some of this, but look for additional explanation in #11 and #12. This "conflict" between Arus and Doom has been going on longer than a lot of people realize.

5) Whatever became of Sven in the original cartoon? I think I recall he got injured, and Princess Allura took over for him, but not sure after that.

---In the original Go Lion series, he was actually killed, but in our Americanized version, he was badly injured, clearing the way for Allura to take over his lion. Hopefully you've seen Sven's return in later issues, and he'll be popping his head up again shortly.

6) By Vehicle Voltron appearing in "a near universe, 2089," what does that mean? Weren't both Lion Voltron and Vehicle Voltron in the same universe?

Voltron: Year 1:

1) What is the full story behind their mission given to them to save this "Roswell Rabins" guy?

2) The team's new assignment in #3: What is it about, exactly, and how is General Evers a traitor?

---Hopefully both of these have been answered by later issues, but the final domino is contained in issue #6, which is out very soon.

Sorry for all these questions, also as I haven't seen the original Voltron cartoon for awhile, and I don't recall everything.

No problem, thanks for asking them and apologize again for the insane delay!

B

Comment

Working...
    X