Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you twats see me in Baltimore, then?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you twats see me in Baltimore, then?

Well? Did I speak to any of you arrogant little men earlier today at the panel at Comic Con?

Maybe the stammering bloke who called me a great humanist? Or the strange bearded chap who wanted to know I'm-not-quite-sure-what about my feelings on 9/11? Perhaps the whiny ginger kid who thought my themes were inconsistent because I believe human beings are "complete shits"? I know at least one of you had to be there, it's not as though you'd have anything better to do

I had something better to do. Cheers! If you wanted to have normal fans you shouldn't have started with the funny books.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth View Post
      Well? Did I speak to any of you arrogant little men earlier today at the panel at Comic Con?

Maybe the stammering bloke who called me a great humanist? Or the strange bearded chap who wanted to know I'm-not-quite-sure-what about my feelings on 9/11? Perhaps the whiny ginger kid who thought my themes were inconsistent because I believe human beings are "complete shits"? I know at least one of you had to be there, it's not as though you'd have anything better to do
      I'm not entirely sure what your problem is or why you've decided to insult people at random, but I'm fairly certain everyone here has something better to do than listen to it. Are you drunk or something?

Comment

Folks, that's not Garth Ennis posting on here. In fact, I don't know why the mods haven't banned the account yet.

Comment

Shhhh... (we know). We like it though: it's working for us.

Comment

ahaha

Garth loves living precariously through the real Ennis. Leave him alone! (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc ) This is the highlight of his day, his escape if you will from the horrors of his minimum wage job where he is constantly berated by his boss. (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYlGwtAwyL4 ) Also, problem? (see http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ce-problem.jpg )

Comment

We enjoy Unknown Garth's company nuff said

Comment

"Why would I bother with message boards...no, it isn't me." --Around one thirty this morning.

Didn't even discuss The Boys with the man--just BS'd over war stories. He's looking forward to Fury #7 and the stuff he's got planned with Dynamite and Avatar. Seems like he's got a lot more war/historical ficition stories than anything else, so we spoke about what he really enjoyed writing, what appealed to him, a few recommendations I had (just the neat little nooks and crannies I'd heard about while studying over the years), and what Afghanistan was like last year.

Begged him to consider re-doing Hitman. "I was actually approached to do more, with this new 52 and all that, but dead is dead, mate."

Dynamite ran a great hosting experience and had a kind staff imbedded with the Baltimore guys there volunteering as well. Much appreciation to the staff that supported the event.

And hell, he signed a copy of True Faith with "God bless" after I asked him nicely. True class act that signed every damn thing you put in front of him and would happily talk with anyone that wanted to take the time to say something beyond "please sign this...okaywhoothanks."

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Bowland View Post
                  Folks, that's not Garth Ennis posting on here.
                  Oh THANKS, now do you want to remind us that there's no Santa Claus, the Monkeys never played their own instruments, and that Pamela Anderson's boobs are fake?

Don't listen to him, Garth. *I* believe in you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	its_still_real_to_me_dammit_tshirt-p235847774153165614enq0s_152.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	48664

Comment

Originally posted by Kamakazi View Post
                    Oh THANKS The Monkeys never played their own instruments
                    WTF!!!? I was a believer....
                    Last edited by Simon Rogerson; 09-11-2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Gibby View Post
                      Begged him to consider re-doing Hitman
                      Well, like I told you, that's simply not in the cards. If I ever did, however, I'd probably do an idea I once had that never saw print, where Tommy and the gang go to a mercenaries' convention, which would be similar to a comic book convention, complete with guests and vendors and rabid, slovenly fanboys. The guest of honor would be an ancient, toothless merc by the name of "Lucky," maybe missing an eye and a couple of limbs. The whole crowd would put their hands over their hearts and be moved to tears when he'd sing Jerry Goldsmith's "It's a Long Road" from First Blood.

Originally posted by Kamakazi View Post
                      Don't listen to him, Garth. *I* believe in you!
                      Cheers, mate.

Comment

Sir Gibby, my hat is off to you. We all like to posit here about what Ennis means and where he's going with this narrative. Credit to you for meeting and asking him.

Yeah, the Garth who posts here isn't Garth Ennis. It's garth Brooks. That should clear a few things up about his comments.

Comment

Here's a question for Ennis at one of his convention appearances-

You talk about being an atheist, and how you write about God as either not being real, or as a monster. Any comments on why you never write about Allah, or Mohammad, given that it's a larger religion than Christianity, and far stricter in its control of adherents? Because if you only write satire about the Christian deity, because that's good for laughs and the Christians won't do anything but sputter humorously in indigantion (if they do anything at all), you're not being transgressive, or daring. You're just picking on the guys who will take it.

Know what would be courageous art? Mocking some of the other guys.

Comment

I take it you haven't read O'Brien's unfortunate backstory in the Punisher books, Statty? How about that Muslim wanker Nigel in Stitched? Or won't you be satisfied until I write Mohammed Kills the Marvel Universe and get a few more ambassadors killed?

Comment

Yeah, having actual Jesus, Jehovah, Gabriel, etc. participating in the fun and games in Preacher, Constantine, and Wormwood et.al is the same as having one Muslim character be a jerk. Come on, show some courage. Introduce Allah and Mohammed to the fun of the Ennis universe.

There is an intellectual dishonesty here, isn't there? The theme has been that the Christtian believers are such a bunch of prudes and prigs that they need to be tweaked. If they get upset or offended, it shows that your art is really effective. Of course, there is a group that really does enforce anti-apostatism, and you dare not cross them.
                              Last edited by statsman; 09-13-2012, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X