2007 FCBD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 FCBD

Since I've been out of touch with comic collecting for several years, May 7, 2007 will be my first Free Comic Book Day. I hope no military training pops up to prevent me from taking my sons to the comic shop that day. I have to at least pick up Dynamite's FCBD Flip-Book! Based on the homepage voting (as of 11:45 Alaska Time) it's a pretty tight race between three titles - The Lone Ranger, Red Sonja, and New Battlestar Galactica. As a big Lone Ranger fan, I'm really pulling for that title to be half the book. I think Red Sonja should be on the other side, since she seems to be the most popular Dynamite title.

I had two questions regarding the planned Flip-Book:

1. When does the voting end?

2. Will the Flip-Book contain original "mini-stories" for the two titles chosen, or re-edited reprint material?

I'm just curious. Like I said, this will be my first FCBD.
    DECODER RING THEATRE
    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS
    PROJECT SUPERPOWERS DATABASE
    PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPER HEROES

Originally posted by MadMikeyD
    Since I've been out of touch with comic collecting for several years, May 7, 2007 will be my first Free Comic Book Day. I hope no military training pops up to prevent me from taking my sons to the comic shop that day. I have to at least pick up Dynamite's FCBD Flip-Book! Based on the homepage voting (as of 11:45 Alaska Time) it's a pretty tight race between three titles - The Lone Ranger, Red Sonja, and New Battlestar Galactica. As a big Lone Ranger fan, I'm really pulling for that title to be half the book. I think Red Sonja should be on the other side, since she seems to be the most popular Dynamite title.

I had two questions regarding the planned Flip-Book:

1. When does the voting end?

2. Will the Flip-Book contain original "mini-stories" for the two titles chosen, or re-edited reprint material?

I'm just curious. Like I said, this will be my first FCBD.
    Not sure when we'll cap the voting, we're coming up on decision time though...

As far as what will go in, the two stories would be planned to be original material, not reprints...

You in Alaska? Neat!

/joe

Comment

Originally posted by JRybandt
      You in Alaska? Neat!
      Yep. Stationed on an Army base 100 miles from the nearest comic shop. Thank goodness for the pull-list so I don't miss any of The Lone Ranger!
      DECODER RING THEATRE
      EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Oh man, 100 miles away...that's gotta be torture!

If only we had more FCBDs! It'd be great if kids would get back into comics...remember when little kids would be running around on the streets reading comics? I never saw a frown on any of their faces!

Comment

Army Of Darkness is gaining in the polls! Lone Ranger and Red Sonja still lead, but Battlestar Galactica and AoD could still jump up and steal one or both of the top positions. Vote for the Lone Ranger!
          DECODER RING THEATRE
          EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

I see the poll has been taken down. I assume the voting is over. The last I saw it looked like The Lone Ranger and Red Sonja were the winners. Thanks DE for letting the fans vote!

Comment

And my beloved Re-Animator, coming in at 8%, was quite clearly the loser. Somewhere, HP Lovecraft is crying!

...Well, he's crying on the inside.

Comment

Well, Joe announced in the podcast that the FCBD flip-book will feature The Lone Ranger and New Battlestar Galactica. Of the FCBD titles announced thus far, DE's seems like the 'must-have' as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully I'm able to get to a comic shop May 5, and not in the middle of a move. I'm looking forward to taking my kids to the comic shop and letting them get their own comics for the first time.
                DECODER RING THEATRE
                EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

I heard that. I'm pleased and surprised. Red Sonja out-polled BSG and should have won. I'm a huge BSG fan. I finally got my first copy of one of the books the other day and loved it! I'm hungry for more and am thrilled it will be paired with the Lone Ranger. I cannot wait until it comes out.

Comment

OK, this is the info I have gathered from the podcast for the FCBD book:

-It will be a LONE RANGER/NEW BATTLESTAR GALACTICA flip-book.

-The BSG side will (tentatively) be a New Battlestar Galactica: Year One (aka "Season 0") #0; written by Brandon Jerwa, art by Stephen Segovia, intended as the introduction to a NBSG: Year One 6-issue mini.

-No info given regarding the LR half of the book.

Is that the understanding everyone else got, or did I get confused (as I so easily do)? The BSG side sounds very interesting, can't wait to hear about the Lone Ranger side.
                    DECODER RING THEATRE
                    EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS

Comment

Working...
                    X