Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampirella #22

The Good:

-Vampi resting her head on Tom's shoulder in the car; beautifully rendered and a rare tender moment that makes everything more real.

-Vampi talking and acting like a real person, although it seemed a little incongruous as we're so used to the robotic clobber talk.

-Thirsty Vampi. Finally! Vampi takes some damage and needs blood. For too long now, she has been some kind of vampire version of Wolverine, rarely feeding under any circumstances. Limitations make characters believable. I'll concede the current readership has probably been too numbed by years of hyper violence in comics & movies to go back to the old Warren limits, but something is needed to preserve suspension of disbelief. The need to drink blood when weakened is common sense and good writing.

-Vampi going peacefully with the Scarlet Legion. This was very out-of-character and that's the good thing. Vampirella is beginning to have limits again and is behaving more realistically.

The Bad:

-What's up with Vampi's eyes? Is she Lady Death now? Bring back the pupils and irises, and despite the biography in Prophecy, she has green eyes not blue.

-Wasting the capture. Vampirella in the clutches of the Vatican was an exciting, intriguing premise that ended as soon as it began. To make it worse, the moment was wasted in the art as well. Bondage is a fundamental staple of the Vampi mythos, yet she was almost in the background of the panels. Rolling her off the aircraft should have warranted a splash page. And given the consistently high tech demonstrated by the Cestus Dei organization, I would have expected a more interesting and effective immobilization method than simply strapping her to a gurney. For example, borrowing the mouth shield and armored cable restraints from the old Granny Gearloose story in the Warren days would have been more in-line with the high-tech CD.

Then again, with Vampi back in custody at the end of the issue, maybe the capture wasn't wasted but merely postponed. Looking forward to #23.

OMG really I agree with everything stated from Rlvaugh. Pg. 14 Issue 22 4th panel, WTF is going on with Vampi's body looks like a 1st grader trying to draw and she's using a freakin' gun are you kidding me. Vampire's do not use gun's and Pg 18 3rd panel Why does it appear Vampi's sleeping or is she having a cuddle moment which I doubt either way. Since issue #21 new creative team I'm enjoying the stories with Jerwa but the artwork in my opinion is low key for $4 bucks. Maybe they will color her eyes brown I just don't think the people doing this title know that Vampi has green eyes or that she doesn't sleep or use gun's maybe we'll see a redheaded Vampi that would be impressive since green eyes would complete her features. I wonder sometimes how she keeps her big boobs from falling out or how a dead girl could have nips :P or how she looks to be tan rather then pale. But why should I complain I love seeing a half naked female vampire with huge boobs :P

Comment

Originally posted by helwen View Post
      I wonder sometimes how she keeps her big boobs from falling out
      Double-sided sticky tape. It's a trade secret of professional strippers. Spirit gum works too.
      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Issue #23 Vampirella's we're back with her eyes missing again then reappearing at least they are green when they are added. I still don't like the artwork being applied since issue #21 I can't believe artwork has gone sour all of a sudden or should I be surprised? I'm an artwork freak if be known :P

Comment

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GlowingEyes
          Like I said, one TVTropes link spares me a whole essay
          Hey, they know even about the eye color!
          http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GreenEyes
          http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlueEyes
          (I.e. I in my own Vampi work they are always green, since Vampirella is a supernatural
          character. They don't glow, though, since in 3D it renders shitty.)

Comment

Originally posted by helwen View Post
            I wonder sometimes how she keeps her big boobs from falling out
            The costume is "alive", did nobody tell you?
            It's better NOT to think too long about it, though. I once made a 3D joke where Venom sneaks into
            Vampis bathroom and...I told you not to think about it!

Comment

Originally posted by rlvaugh View Post
              -What's up with Vampi's eyes? Is she Lady Death now? Bring back the pupils and irises, and despite the biography in Prophecy, she has green eyes not blue.
              Agreed, this has been a pet peeve for these past few issues, including #23. It just looks... off.

Comment

Working...
              X