Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Risque", my shiny metal backside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Risque", my shiny metal backside

    Aw cmon, Dynamite. Of all cheap sale ploys, a "risque" Vampirella cover is the silliest idea. Since not even a moth can bite off a part of that costume without her being in the nude. (Hey, I've seen Ebay Vampirella articles tagged as "nude" and she WAS in her traditional costume.) I bet if I would dare to post one of these "risque" covers on some rule34 site, I will be saged, banned and @$%§orgtfo'ed.
    (BTW, Warren got away with the occasional nudity, for Dynamite it's probably a bad idea anyway.)
    So there.
    P.S. Should I read a headline "Underage Vampirella fanboy died from lack of blood", I take everything back

  • #2
    dynamite probably has to have those covers to sell the books, unfortunitely. I have collected the red sonja comic since day #1, and I can tell you that she has had BUNCHES of nearly nude covers, which had nothing to do with the story inside. It can be annoying sometimes! YET..... Covers like the one you are discribing most likely capture the attention of people "browsing" and generate additional sales.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by shokoshu View Post
      Aw cmon, Dynamite. Of all cheap sale ploys, a "risque" Vampirella cover is the silliest idea. Since not even a moth can bite off a part of that costume without her being in the nude. (Hey, I've seen Ebay Vampirella articles tagged as "nude" and she WAS in her traditional costume.) I bet if I would dare to post one of these "risque" covers on some rule34 site, I will be saged, banned and @$%§orgtfo'ed.
      (BTW, Warren got away with the occasional nudity, for Dynamite it's probably a bad idea anyway.)
      So there.
      P.S. Should I read a headline "Underage Vampirella fanboy died from lack of blood", I take everything back
      It isn't just Vampi. It's all the "girlie books": Dejah Thoris, Red Sonja, etc. I'm sure Pantha will get her risque cover too. Personally, I'm waiting for the Bionic Woman risque cover.
      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

      Comment


      • #4
        Can the bionic woman have a nip-slip? Or does she have dials there instead?

        Comment


        • #5
          Bionic Woman? Dials? I watched the TV series wayyyy back then and seem to remember
          the mention of one ear, one arm, two legs...but noooo silicone

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by shokoshu View Post
            Bionic Woman? Dials? I watched the TV series wayyyy back then and seem to remember
            the mention of one ear, one arm, two legs...but noooo silicone
            Yeah, it was the 1970s. Broadcast Standards & Practices (a/k/a "the censors") wouldn't let them mention her bionic boobs. But I imagine it was something like the Fembots (a term stolen from the Bionic Woman TV series) in Austin Powers.
            DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

            Comment


            • #7
              The bionic woman tv show was before my time. was it a spin off of the 6 million dollar man? (played by the dude from "the Fall Guy"?)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by brickbutler View Post
                The bionic woman tv show was before my time. was it a spin off of the 6 million dollar man? (played by the dude from "the Fall Guy"?)
                God, now I feel old.

                Yes, it was. And for an entire generation, the Fall Guy was "played by the dude from The Six Million Dollar Man". Oh Lee, how quickly they forget...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Indeed! We need more risque male covers, please.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by shokoshu View Post
                    Aw cmon, Dynamite. Of all cheap sale ploys, a "risque" Vampirella cover is the silliest idea. Since not even a moth can bite off a part of that costume without her being in the nude. (Hey, I've seen Ebay Vampirella articles tagged as "nude" and she WAS in her traditional costume.) I bet if I would dare to post one of these "risque" covers on some rule34 site, I will be saged, banned and @$%§orgtfo'ed.
                    (BTW, Warren got away with the occasional nudity, for Dynamite it's probably a bad idea anyway.)
                    So there.
                    P.S. Should I read a headline "Underage Vampirella fanboy died from lack of blood", I take everything back
                    I think we're overlooking an important point. Your backside is shiny and metal?

                    That's gotta be a hell of a good story.

                    -E

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tony ingram View Post
                      God, now I feel old.

                      Yes, it was. And for an entire generation, the Fall Guy was "played by the dude from The Six Million Dollar Man". Oh Lee, how quickly they forget...
                      And now I feel positively ancient, since when I was watching The Six Million Dollar Man, Lee Majors was "that guy from The Big Valley".
                      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        ha! it is a quote from Bender, the robot in Futurama, Erik!

                        btw Erik thanks for the recent stories in Red Sonja that you wrote. Risque covers and all! I dont think Ta-ta's Mcgee has had a single bad issue since #50. We, the fans, appreciate your hard work(and everybody else's). Now.....about that Red Sonja survival Horror story I keep bugging you to write......hint, hint, hint!
                        Last edited by brickbutler; 09-21-2012, 06:53 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Indeed, a shiny metal backside (say, Colossus' or Steeljack's (from Astro City) could be risque too... LOL!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            And thank you Erik for an ongoing classic-style (non-Queen) Red Sonja series for folks like me who prefer that! It's nice to have options.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                              Indeed, a shiny metal backside (say, Colossus' or Steeljack's (from Astro City) could be risque too... LOL!
                              I fear this is even more improbable to find on an official cover, but "rule34" websites tend to be amazingly nonsexist (for exactly this reason?!)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X