Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Boys budget-busting blockbuster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Boys budget-busting blockbuster

    I hesitate to post this, but here's something I chanced on...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xt0zAD_4-k

  • #2
    Originally posted by Simon Rogerson View Post
    I hesitate to post this, but here's something I chanced on...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xt0zAD_4-k

    They NAILED Robin.

    Comment


    • #3
      Heh... that they did. I've gotta say, it's better then Ennis' stab at filmmaking I refer of course to the handicam hell that was the promo video for 'Stitched'.

      The reason most of us never found that film was because it's on a closed YouTube page, so you can only see if if you have the link. Still, someone managed to find the thing and poured piss on the film for having a '17-year-old Butcher'. It's a student fan flic, for f**k's sake!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Simon Rogerson View Post
        Heh... that they did. I've gotta say, it's better then Ennis' stab at filmmaking I refer of course to the handicam hell that was the promo video for 'Stitched'.

        The reason most of us never found that film was because it's on a closed YouTube page, so you can only see if if you have the link. Still, someone managed to find the thing and poured piss on the film for having a '17-year-old Butcher'. It's a student fan flic, for f**k's sake!
        I thought they did a pretty decent job, considering what they were working with. And when you have nobody but your friends to cast in all the rolls, your options are limited. Really, the part that thought was the weakest was their Rayner. I couldn't figure out her accent. She's CIA, not MI6.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Kamakazi View Post
          I couldn't figure out her accent. She's CIA, not MI6.
          Yep, we Brits are just as bad at doing American accents as you are at doing ours (I give you Dick van Dyke). But I can see why they cast her as Rayner. Not to cast any aspersions on the young actress, but she did have a certain glint in her eye. One of the comments on YouTube made a similar observation with less delicacy.

          Comment


          • #6
            If Russel Crowe were to get the part of Butcher I'd recommend simply making the character Australian and re-writing the entire part with a background of Melbourne or whatever. He's a good menacing actor, but I don't want to hear this dude try an English accent ever again.

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr-6ZjlGuBU

            In other news, the Dredd movie is pretty good.

            Comment


            • #7
              Dredd was awesome! Those scenes with the Slo Mo drugs were just beautiful.
              Last edited by Dannycat; 09-24-2012, 03:23 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dannycat View Post
                Dredd was awesome! Those scenes with the Slo Mo drugs were just beautiful.
                They were beautiful, but there were quite a few slo-mo scenes of bullets going through bodies, so you got both sides of the coin. Intelligent violence.

                Comment

                Working...
                X