Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Plot Threads Get Resolved?

So many plot threads, so few pages left-

I guess we'll see Butcher's fight with Hughie conclude one way or another. How many of the remaining threads get wrapped up? Which ones don't?

(Assuming Hughie survives) Will Hughie and Annie work out their differences?

Will Rayner become a Senator?

Will Stilwell get away?

What about the V'ed up army troops project HL alluded to?

Jess?

We don't get to see the Deep in civilian life?

Any others?

Of course, Ennis has already wrapped up a lot of long term plot points by having Butcher go on a killing spree.

Originally posted by statsman View Post
    (Assuming Hughie survives) Will Hughie and Annie work out their differences?
    I think this'll be left open, but with a degree of optimism. They haven't got anything if they haven't got each other etc...

Will Rayner become a Senator?
    Maybe, but the timely emergenge of the Butcher Tapes will ruin her life one way or another

Will Stilwell get away?
    No. A sticky ends awaits him... maybe Jess sells him out, maybe one of Butcher's IEDs awaits him

What about the V'ed up army troops project HL alluded to?
    Seems a tricky one to introduce at this point. Maybe it could provide one last story for #72, something for Hughie to close down.

Jess?
    No idea. Not too bothered.

We don't get to see the Deep in civilian life?
    Maybe a brief cameo or a reference on the radio concluding his story.

Comment

Here's a few more:
      • What became of SuperDuper?
      • Whatever happened to Laddio?
      • What about the supes that survived or didn't participate in the attack? (possiblity for a follow up series?)

Comment

I still want to hear more stories of those wacky supe antics. Like klan JSA or the complete history of our BELOVED Malchemical.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannycat View Post
          I still want to hear more stories of those wacky supe antics. Like klan JSA or the complete history of our BELOVED Malchemical.

I heard somewhere there's a set of prequels and minis on the way, scripted by various writers but not Mr Ennis. I even heard mention of an A-Train issue, which is about the second worst idea I ever heard. My interpretation of all this is that Ennis is tired of the Boys after six years or whatever, and has got enough interesting work to keep him busy. But The Boys has been a moneymaker for Dynamite, so they want to keep it going, maybe in the hope that Ennis will return one day. Personally, I think a universe where superheroes are revilled after a failed coup is actually a pretty strong premise.... but not for a satire.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Rogerson View Post
            I heard somewhere there's a set of prequels and minis on the way, scripted by various writers but not Mr Ennis. I even heard mention of an A-Train issue, which is about the second worst idea I ever heard.
            http://whatculture.com/comics/darick...ys-prequel.php

An A-Train mini-series, you mean. Written and drawn by Darick Robertson.

Comment

Originally posted by ambaxtoxin View Post
              http://whatculture.com/comics/darick...ys-prequel.php

An A-Train mini-series, you mean. Written and drawn by Darick Robertson.
              Yes, thanks for finding that, Toxy. As I was writing the above, it seemed such a monumentally bad idea that I wondered if it had been a bad dream. But no, to quote Butcher "It's really happening". What I find astonishing is that the lead artist and co-creator of the series chooses to return to the book not for the key events of 65 and the concluding arc, but for a prequel devoted to one of the more two-dimensional (no joke intended) characters. I honestly didn't see this one coming, but they're his characters, so let's see where this goes.

Comment

Hmmm maybe there's more to it then just A-Train.

Comment

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=13766

... and a textless preview offers clues ***Spoilers (maybe, if I guess right)****

Looks like maybe Stilwell is tossing Jess to the wolves as a scape goat?

Butcher and Hughie land on the observation deck, their V-Powers allowing them to survive (looks like they landed on poor Hughie's face)?

Comment

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=13766

... and a textless preview offers clues
                    I wish they'd done textless previews all along. Only now they realise they're giving too much away? Bollocks.

Comment

Butcher's page in the third page/panel 2 makes me think of his origin miniseries. That bit about finally feeling at peace when he thought he was gonna die.

Comment

Originally posted by saidestroyer View Post
                        Butcher's page in the third page/panel 2 makes me think of his origin miniseries. That bit about finally feeling at peace when he thought he was gonna die.
                        Possible spoilers

Exactly what I thought. But I was so wrong in interpreting the textless previews for 'Butcher Baker', I thought I'd keep schtum. So maybe Butcher is fatally injured and the choice of whether to trigger the doomsday IEDs (all primed and in place, don't forget) will fall to Hughie.

Comment

That would be an interesting way to go...Stilwell launches a coup with V-loaded troops, and Hughie has to do the dirty work to end it.

Comment

You know what? To hell with it. I'll ruin the bloody ending for you disrespectful shits. Hughie and Janine survive because of MM's mum's milk. Wankers.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth View Post
                              You know what? To hell with it. I'll ruin the bloody ending for you disrespectful shits. Hughie and Janine survive because of MM's mum's milk. Wankers.
                              You call that a ruined ending?

Comment

Working...
                              X