Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 page preview of #71 (text-free from CBR, but still; " *spoilers* ")

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 page preview of #71 (text-free from CBR, but still; " *spoilers* ")

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=13766

both men look winded, but in the final panel of the preview, it looks looks like Hughie is sitting in a big puddle of blood. they're on a lower level of the ESB, so I'm guessing they both fall and Hughie lands in a worse way than Billy.
    Last edited by BDR626; 09-30-2012, 12:05 PM.

Originally posted by BDR626 View Post
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=13766 both men look winded, but in the final panel of the preview, it looks looks like Hughie is sitting in a big puddle of blood. they're on a lower level of the ESB, so I'm guessing they both fall and Hughie lands in a worse way than Billy.

I dunno. Hughie can move his arms and looks pretty bright eyed. Is that blood or his coat? By contrast Butcher looks immobile and dull-eyed. Is that Butcher's trigger device lying broken on the observation deck? In either case, there's an echo of 'The Man Who Would be King' here.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Rogerson View Post
      I dunno. Hughie can move his arms and looks pretty bright eyed. Is that blood or his coat? By contrast Butcher looks immobile and dull-eyed. Is that Butcher's trigger device lying broken on the observation deck? In either case, there's an echo of 'The Man Who Would be King' here.
      the color beneath Hughie definitely looks red on my monitor. I think the facial expressions make Butcher look like a man ready to meet his end, but I don't think that because he didn't raise a hand to shield his eyes from the police spotlight means anything. although now, looking again, I'm thinking you might be right about immobile. Hughie's left arm is very bloody. I'm thinking he punched a hole through Billy's midsection, maybe from not knowing his own strength due to his Mother's Milk snack, and as something of a call-back to his first fight with The Boys when he killed Blarney Cock.

Comment

Originally posted by BDR626 View Post
        I'm thinking he punched a hole through Billy's midsection, maybe from not knowing his own strength due to his Mother's Milk snack, and as something of a call-back to his first fight with The Boys when he killed Blarney Cock.
        Naaah Butcher stepped to one side and Hughie went through the window, remember? If Butcher had been eviscerated he wouldn't have been able to hold onto Hughie, and I would have thought would have mentioned it rather than complaining about his bad hand. Unless you're suggesting Hughie gave him a sly punch as they fell...?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Rogerson View Post
          Naaah Butcher stepped to one side and Hughie went through the window, remember? If Butcher had been eviscerated he wouldn't have been able to hold onto Hughie, and I would have thought would have mentioned it rather than complaining about his bad hand. Unless you're suggesting Hughie gave him a sly punch as they fell...?
          It seems to me that this preview is from the middle of the issue, rather than the normal first eight pages that we normally get.

Comment

Originally posted by ambaxtoxin View Post
            It seems to me that this preview is from the middle of the issue, rather than the normal first eight pages that we normally get.
            I think you could be on the money there.. but it's hard to say without da words.

Comment

Working...
            X