Wonder Wart-Hog, The Hog Of Steel!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder Wart-Hog, The Hog Of Steel!

Is there any chance that DYNAMITE could publish the original, and maybe NEW stories of WONDER WART-HOG?Click image for larger version

Name:	Wonder-wart-hog-cover-MCB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	49513

old superman

Originally posted by old superman View Post
    Is there any chance that DYNAMITE could publish the original, and maybe NEW stories of WONDER WART-HOG?
    You can, in fact, still buy some Wonder Warthog comix from his original publisher, Rip Off Press.

I always liked the character, although at first glance it seems a poor fit with Dynamite's product line. It's quite possible Rip Off Press still has an interest (at least financially) in this character, since WWH creator Gilbert Shelton was one of the original co-founders of Rip Off Press.

A detailed bibliography of the Hog of Steel's publishing history can be found here.
    Last edited by positronic; 10-02-2012, 10:23 AM.
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Thanks

Positronic, those are some great links you sent for the Hog Of Steel and other wacky Gilbert Shelton creations.

In my humble opinion, Wonder Wart-Hog and The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers would be excellent fare on Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim" and I'm willing to bet would attract a lot of media attention if they were ever published as cartoons.

old superman

Comment

Originally posted by old superman View Post
        Positronic, those are some great links you sent for the Hog Of Steel and other wacky Gilbert Shelton creations.

In my humble opinion, Wonder Wart-Hog and The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers would be excellent fare on Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim" and I'm willing to bet would attract a lot of media attention if they were ever published as cartoons.

old superman
        I totally agree. While there are certain things that might have to be toned down just a tad about the FFFB, even for late-night basic cable, in general Adult Swim is pushing the boundaries of TV animation in the same way underground comix were pushing the boundaries of the comic book medium in the 1970s (for better or worse). Now as then, not everything they come up with is a masterpiece, but it's interesting that it even exists, just the same. I'm a HUGE fan of The Venture Bros.
        DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Working...
        X