Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I'm sure were all waiting for kam's review on this but what are everyones thoughts? It was kinda anti climatic for me I was really hoping Butcher would just off hughie. Instead he goes out with a broken neck, yes on his own accord but still a weak way to go I thought. Still some plot threads unresolved, were still not sure what happened with mallory, the infamous "you know what I hate" is never explained etc... hopefully 72 will tie everything together. afterthought did anyone notice how similar butchers face looked in comparison to blacklander/homelander in the evil grin frames? hughie even says your some sort of super villain anyone else notice interesting shit?

1) How in fuck's name did Hughie end up impaled in that position? I thought at first that his weight is what had bent the railing spikes inwards... but they're all like that. Did he bounce off Butcher? This is retarded beyond explanation.

2) So's this:

"So you wanted somebody to stop you all along?"

"Yep."

"Why did you kill Vas, the Legend, Mother's Milk, Frenchie and the Female?"

"They could've stopped me."

3) Bradley literally pulling her hair out was excellent. That's how I felt after another two pages of repeated dialogue, too.
    Last edited by ambaxtoxin; 10-05-2012, 08:45 PM. Reason: Somebody can't formulate simple sentences when drunk, clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by ambaxtoxin View Post
      1) How in fuck's name did Hughie end up impaled in that position? I thought at first that his weight is what had bent the railing spikes inwards... but they're all like that. Did he bounce off Butcher? This is retarded beyond explanation.
      Had to be a joke. You know, Hughies is such a Klutz that...

Comment

It was a great issue. My hands were literally shaking when I was reading the final 4 pages or so. And it seems like Hughie will have his "riding into the sunset" moment with Annie, after all...

Comment

Originally posted by saidestroyer View Post
          It was a great issue. My hands were literally shaking when I was reading the final 4 pages or so. And it seems like Hughie will have his "riding into the sunset" moment with Annie, after all...
          Would be fucking hilarious if he turned up at Annie's place to find her shacked up with The Deep.

Comment

I like how Se7en-esque the ending was, with Butcher describing Hughie's home in great detail. I would have believed he did it too.

Comment

haha

Originally posted by statsman View Post
              Had to be a joke. You know, Hughies is such a Klutz that...
              yea that was one more thing that was redic...until you brought that up well played bru

I still think they should have wrapped shit up a few epis after homelander/black noir getting ax, that was the real driving point of the story

Comment

Originally posted by DJETHANOL View Post
                yea that was one more thing that was redic...until you brought that up well played bru

I still think they should have wrapped shit up a few epis after homelander/black noir getting ax, that was the real driving point of the story
                I disagree. The "evil twin nofuckingbody new shit about" was Ennis taking the piss off superheroes tropes.

Comment

hmmm

I disagree. The "evil twin nofuckingbody new shit about" was Ennis taking the piss off superheroes tropes.
                  I get that but don't you think if it ended at 65 with perhaps 1 or 2 epilogue issues after it would have been better? still no mallory

Comment

That's my pet peeve. All these references to Mallory since issue 56 or so, when he was killed, and nobody says, "We ought to call him" or "Did you know he died"? For 48 issues, he was this guy that was never shown, only referred to. And since "The Barbary Coast", he's only referred to, as if he had never appeared for that arc.

Comment

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=41342

Nice mini-interview with Ennis here.

But, one thing:

"Readers can look forward to a resolution of Hughie and Annie's romance in the final issue as well, which welcomes back co-creator Robertson on art..."

... really? Why disrupt the art style for the final issue? How long ago was it that Robertson actually drew an issue of the Boys?

Comment

Originally posted by ambaxtoxin View Post
                        http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=41342

Nice mini-interview with Ennis here.

But, one thing:

"Readers can look forward to a resolution of Hughie and Annie's romance in the final issue as well, which welcomes back co-creator Robertson on art..."

... really? Why disrupt the art style for the final issue? How long ago was it that Robertson actually drew an issue of the Boys?
                        Personally, I welcome it. Robertson conceived these characters with Ennis and as a fan of his style I think it's a shame he was unable to commit to what has amounted to half the run. Russ Braun has done a fine job but I much prefer Robertson's take on the key characters, especially Butcher and Hughie. The last issue is a standalone epilogue, so I don't think it will prove too disruptive.

Comment

The thing is, we know the last issue will involve Stillwell. And I personally much prefer Braun's Stillwell. I wonder if Robertson will adjust the way that he draws him in some way, or if he'll suddenly revert to looking the same as he did at the end of the We Gotta Go Now arc.

Comment

I see your point, but Stillwell's look has never been a deal-maker for me. I've always thought the character was well-written though. Even his vocabulary and speech patterns manage to exude corporate intransigence. In the art, his calling card has always been a very neutral expression. I loved the way he was drawn in the G-men arc, confirmed his utter amorality... and I think that was Robertson. Braun has made him look physically puny, but has kept the same lack of expression, even when a severed head smashed the lift (or elevator) controls during the Frenchie/Female assault on Vought. Of course that gave us the marvellous line: "Art. Who truly can define it?"

Actually, that raises another point. Non of the Boys could fly, but Frenchie showed he could jump out of the Flatiron office window with some ease (in his own origin issue, Le Plume de ma Tante). Now I'm 100 per cent sure that was a real death scene... but in the context of the Boys universe, they could have survived. God, I really have too much time on my hands.

Comment

Working...
                            X