Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vampirella Masters Series - 100% reprint?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampirella Masters Series - 100% reprint?

Or are there a few special parts thrown in to make the fan happy (and the poor collector cross )?

And another thing, Harris was reknown for widely varying quality when it came to Vampi - which part is
    reprinted, the good stuff or the dross? (No, I'm serious :-) No, I don't mean the art, which I always admired.)
    Last edited by shokoshu; 10-06-2012, 02:24 PM. Reason: Forgot one thing.

Originally posted by shokoshu View Post
    Or are there a few special parts thrown in to make the fan happy (and the poor collector cross )?

And another thing, Harris was reknown for widely varying quality when it came to Vampi - which part is
    reprinted, the good stuff or the dross? (No, I'm serious :-) No, I don't mean the art, which I always admired.)
    What trade paperback series do you know of that isn't all reprints? Cause I sure can't think of any.

"Masters" is a writer-centric series of collections. Pretty much all big names, YMMV as far as which writers you actually consider "Masters".

By my humble estimation, this IS the good stuff. Or at least, as good as Vampirella ever actually got. Instant collection of everything worth having from the Harris Comics run.
    Last edited by positronic; 10-06-2012, 06:05 PM.
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by positronic View Post
      What trade paperback series do you know of that isn't all reprints? Cause I sure can't think of any.

"Masters" is a writer-centric series of collections. Pretty much all big names, YMMV as far as which writers you actually consider "Masters".

By my humble estimation, this IS the good stuff. Or at least, as good as Vampirella ever actually got. Instant collection of everything worth having from the Harris Comics run.
      The question was 100% reprint - in the music business the 100th "Greatest Hits" compilation
      often gets peppered with some specials (to increase sales, obviously). Bugs me what Dynamite could
      have thrown in, Vampis worn boots, whateva
      I did a bit of research on the contents in the meantime :
      #5? "Morning in America" quality already varied greatly over the four books.
      Cover of 1 made me think spontaneously: "WTF, has Pedobear taken over Vampirella?" (Obviously I neither knew Pedobear nor Anime at the time, I'm just figuratively speaking. ) Of course, while totally unfair, I was still spot-on: Warren Vampirella was adult (and I don't mean that in the sense of sex).
      Harris turned it into kiddie superhero stuff. Still, the episode with Vampirellas horror dreams was epic, and I don't say that just because I laughed my @$$ off on the "Betty&Veronica" part. The lulz was innate part of the script. (Hard to do!)
      #6? Jusko! Great art, you bet! But the whole Hell Roadmovie was best so-so.
      #4 - Visionaries - aw yeah! Contains many of the stuff that Vampirella *could* have been,
      if some rich uncle would have given Harris a few billions to buy decent scripters.

Comment

You lost me somewhere between "music business", "Vampis worn boots" and "Pedobear". Still don't know what trade paperback series you're thinking of that has new material sprinkled in. You asked for an opinion, you got one. This is the best of the Harris stuff (which, as I said, may not meet your exacting standards, thus, "YMMV"); but still, IMHO, better than most of the new Vampi stuff DE is currently publishing. You want Warren reprints, buy Vampirella Archives.
        DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Working...
        X