• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Captain Marvel

Anybody remember THIS Captain Marvel?

Heres a link:

http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/46/

While some of the links on dial b for blog are dead, one that does work is under Robbie's right elbow, "new issue".

Cool site!

"Split/XAM!"

old superman
    Attached Files
    Last edited by old superman; 10-12-2012, 03:18 AM.

I have the first issue of the MF Enterprises Captain Marvel! He fights a guy called 'Plastic Man', who is equally dissimilar to the original. A nice little oddity.

Comment

Back in 1990, Kitchen Sink Press mentioned it in issue #2 of the World's Worst Comics Awards
      ( http://themagicrobot.wordpress.com/c...-worst-comics/ ), as a runner up for Worst Series.

Rather amusingly, the winner of this particular Woo-Woo was....(wait for it)...Jack Kirby's Captain Victory and the Galactic Rangers! Now where have I heard of that title before..?

Comment

Originally posted by tony ingram View Post
        I have the first issue of the MF Enterprises Captain Marvel! He fights a guy called 'Plastic Man', who is equally dissimilar to the original. A nice little oddity.
        Tony and Tulku,

Thanks for the replies guys.

Not too many of us are left that remember the Split/XAM Captain Marvel or even have any copies of it so you are lucky indeed!

I dunno if you checked the CM link in my original post, but here is a link to the entire site. There's some AWESOME stuff there, ESPECIALLY his Jack Kirby tribute, montage, and trip with METRON tracing Jack's many mind blowing creations and his place in the history of comics..

http://www.dialbforblog.com/

old superman
        "Sorry Cap. I must a got something in my eye."

Comment

Just clicked the link. That is an amazing site-thanks, Old Superman!

Why is it that your name always makes me think of Retired Man from Legends of the Super-Heroes?

Comment

Yeah, I had those too at one time. Don't know if I still do. Haven't looked at them in years (with good reason). An interesting curiosity whose major effect was to cause Martin Goodman to direct Stan Lee to create a Captain Marvel title (the Kree spaceman Mar-Vell) for Marvel to secure the trademark, later preventing DC from using the name in a comic book title when they brought the original back in SHAZAM!
            DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Captain Marvel's split!!

THAT Captain Marvel was one book I put right back on the rack. I "split". And shook my hand to rid myself of touching it. Yikes.!! I thought it was REALLY terrible.
              I did pick up those issues of the "bad" Mighty Crusaders, though. I was a sucker for the MLJ heroes. Still am. They have returned (in the back of The New Crusaders book).

Comment

Originally posted by tony ingram View Post
                Just clicked the link. That is an amazing site-thanks, Old Superman!

Why is it that your name always makes me think of Retired Man from Legends of the Super-Heroes?
                TONY, thanks for the reply.

I didn't read or collect Legends of the Super-Heroes. I did read and collect the LEGENDS series that DC published.

But I do hope Retired Man was a good guy 'cause I'm a good guy too.

old superman

Comment

Originally posted by old superman View Post
                  I didn't read or collect Legends of the Super-Heroes. I did read and collect the LEGENDS series that DC published.

But I do hope Retired Man was a good guy 'cause I'm a good guy too.

old superman
                  NOBODY "read or collect(ed)" Legends of the Superheroes. It was a pair of live-action TV specials produced by Hanna-Barbera in 1979 (and Adam West & Burt Ward's last official appearance as Batman & Robin). You should be old enough to remember this, but click on the link for further elucidation.
                  DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by positronic View Post
                    NOBODY "read or collect(ed)" Legends of the Superheroes. It was a pair of live-action TV specials produced by Hanna-Barbera in 1979 (and Adam West & Burt Ward's last official appearance as Batman & Robin). You should be old enough to remember this, but click on the link for further elucidation.
                    OMG Yes! I do remember that TV fiasco. When I viewed then as a kid I was disappointed. Now as an adult, its just plain fun to see it again.

old superman

Comment

Wait, if you watched them as a kid, then you can't be that old...

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
                        Wait, if you watched them as a kid, then you can't be that old...
                        Ahhhh my boy my boy! You forget those were originally produced in 1979. I was around 28 I think.

Too much drug abuse or Kryptonite has affected my memory.

"Can't move....kryptonite sapping my strength....wait....here come Krypto with a lead pipe in his mouth....GOOD BOY KRYPTO!"

"ARF ARF!"

When you are an old fart of 61 like I am, ANY age under 40 is considered and accepted as being a kid!

old superman
                        Last edited by old superman; 10-16-2012, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by old superman View Post
                          Ahhhh my boy my boy! You forget those were originally produced in 1979. I was around 28 I think.
                          No, I remember them quite well. I believe they were on TV on a Thursday, actually. LOL! In my case I was 12... (45 now.)

When you are an old fart of 61 like I am, ANY age under 40 is considered and accepted as being a kid!
                          Ah, 61. Well, that's older, at least. My own relationship to time and age is a tad odd, but then I'm odd in general.

Comment

[QUOTE=ChastMastr;26298]No, I remember them quite well. I believe they were on TV on a Thursday, actually. LOL! In my case I was 12... (45 now.)

You sound like a really good guy and I appreciate your replies to my posts. Thank you so much!

This is a GREAT forum! There are not too many comic forums left that can have the fun and share all the great comic info that we do here.

Welcome to the future my friend. With guys like you I have no doubt it is in good hands.

old superman

Comment

Maybe nobody was wondering, but... YES, it is available on DVD (Region 1 only, sorry!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	515-mAZbdaL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	48694

LEGENDS OF THE SUPERHEROES

...and the actresses playing Giganta, Black Canary and the Huntress were total hotties.

Comment

Working...
                              X