Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prophecy officially in Red Sonja continuity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eric_trautmann View Post
    Based on the cover copy, it contains the last of my run (which ended at 75) and the entirety of Brandon's Prophecy tie-in run.

232 pages is ... hefty.

-E
    Sure is hefty

So without requesting spoilers, this is then the complete RedSonja-as-vampire story? Nothing more and nothing less?
    Pretty much the last of the stuff before Gail's Red Sonja #1.
    guess that is the new series. Thanks.
    Am a tad out of the loop I guess

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
      I know it's basically a reboot, Eric, but from what you've seen so far of the Simone run (I haven't the funds for it yet), would you say it's wholly incompatible with your run?
      Don't get me wrong, I am getting both regardless, just trying to sort things out for my own reading purposes. If they could sort of fit together, then I will put them together, and if not, I will enjoy them as two different continuities. I'm able to enjoy the Marvel Conan and the Dark Horse Conan, for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by boomvavavoom View Post
        Sure is hefty

So without requesting spoilers, this is then the complete RedSonja-as-vampire story? Nothing more and nothing less?
        Not quite. It looks like it contains the end of my run (the Sonja-in-Turan-and-Hyrkania stuff) followed by Brandon's Prophecy tie-in arc (the Sonja-as-Vampire) stuff. None of the Simone stuff, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by ChastMastr View Post
          I know it's basically a reboot, Eric, but from what you've seen so far of the Simone run (I haven't the funds for it yet), would you say it's wholly incompatible with your run?
          To be honest, I haven't read it all yet. I read the first two issues because I was, for obvious reasons, curious and because I adore Walter. But I tend to prefer to read entire arcs, so I was waiting for the first TPB to sit down and really crack into it.

From what I read, it sure seems "compatible" from a character standpoint. As for specific points of continuity, I have no idea, simply because I wasn't really looking for that.

Comment

I'll keep them together, then. The Dynamite stuff I've liked has basically been yours, the mini-series, and the one-shots, rather than any of the Queen Sonja (and stuff leading up to that) or Vampire Sonja stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X