No announcement yet.

#72 - when is it coming out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't know why Darrick wants to draw Hughie with a 'comfort' belly when he knows it will only make his drawing even sloooooooowwwweeerrrrrrr. there... I put a little emotion thing in to make it clear I am having a bit of a laugh. D'ya get me, company man? Are we on the level, Dynamite Guy?

Comment

Page 1 of 24: Yes! Final issue! I'm so excited I'm going to punctuate everything with an exclamation mark! Did a pigeon just shit on Hughie's sunglasses?

Page 2 of 24: No, it wasn't a pigeon at all! It was a supe! Ha, ha! Hughie emits an unwarranted sense of self-satisfaction and confidence despite the fact everyone he knows in this city that he inexplicably continues to live in is dead, mostly owing to his own ineptitude! Fat hamster!

Page 3 of 24: Ah, yes! I vaguely remember that promising arc about 9/11 that we read 4 or so years ago!

Page 4 of 24: Hughie uses his 'The Boys' Club Card which allows him unlimited access to any place at any time with no need for any further explanation whatsoever!

Page 5 of 24: Hughie somehow manages to avoid having the shit beaten out of him by some guys fitting a plaque and wearing fluorescent jackets! Hughie rolls his eyes at his own piss-poor attempt at creating a requiem for his teammates!

Page 6 of 24: Stillwell comes for a formal meeting with Hughie! Without bodyguards! On a park bench! About three metres from the recently reconstructed Brooklyn Bridge!

Page 7 of 24: Hughie talks! Stillwell talks a bit and looks like a disgruntled Jeremy Irons until Hughie gives him a baggie of drugs and he turns into Bambi!

Page 8 of 24: Hughie demands that Stillwell personally rebuild the Flatiron, brick by brick! Stillwell is stung by a bee off-panel which causes his face to swell dramatically! Justice is served! Corporations are bad!

Well, I look forward to reading the other two thirds of the final issue on Wednesday.

Comment

2 - Hmmm. The supes are back... Hmmm.
        3 - Brooklyn Bridge is back. Yay.
        4 - Where did Hughie get ahold of Psychic Paper?
        5 - No mention of Terror?
        6-8 - Hughie and Stillwell. Zzzz

Comment

Just found this SPOILER HEAVY review. If it's real, of course. Which it has no reason not to be.

http://blueravencomics.com/2012/11/1...oys-72-review/

Sounds... dull. Incredibly dull. Ho-hum.

Comment

This is how "The Boys" ends

Not with a bang but a whimper

Comment

For all that it was and all that it wasn't...
              The Deep's fate is revealed...
              And I haven't stopped laughing.

Comment

Working...
              X