Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#72 - when is it coming out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #72 - when is it coming out?

    I'm really really really looking forward to #72. When is it coming out? When can we read a preview?? BADOING BADOING BADOING

  • #2
    The only release date I could find is 28 November. I blame Darrick the lad's a slow worker.

    Comment


    • #3
      An unregistered board lurker (try saying that outloud) e-mailed me with this:

      14th November, as revealed on their Twitter page. Please inform the board members!!!!

      Dave, unregistered Board lurker!!!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        do u even lift?

        Originally posted by saidestroyer View Post
        An unregistered board lurker (try saying that outloud) e-mailed me with this:
        are u fucking kidding me? a month and a half? garth!!!!!! where u at fix this

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by saidestroyer View Post
          An unregistered board lurker (try saying that outloud) e-mailed me with this:
          Oy DAVE! Come out of the cold mate. Thatnks to Darrick's slow art you've got a couple of weeks to get onto this board and tell us all the time of day!

          Comment


          • #6
            It ships next week, hope everyone's going to be picking up a copy.

            As for the "Darick's slow art" comment, please don't just make things up and then post them as "facts", that's what gives internet message boards a bad name. The Boys #72 was solicited as a November book and it's shipping mid-November:
            http://www.dynamite.net/htmlfiles/vi...13018402307211

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DJETHANOL View Post
              are u fucking kidding me? a month and a half? garth!!!!!! where u at fix this
              November, not december. It's coming out next week. The script's been done for more than a year, and I'm sure the art's been done for a long time, too.

              Comment


              • #8
                :3

                Originally posted by saidestroyer View Post
                November, not december. It's coming out next week. The script's been done for more than a year, and I'm sure the art's been done for a long time, too.
                I meant its been a month and a half since the last issue. Another dreadful thought just dawned on me....what if we see a resurgence of McCrea artwork for stillwells death al la blacklander. *shudders*

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ah, yes, the old writing trick of changing a character's personality completely to serve the needs of the plot and speed up the narrative.

                  Now, Hughie is a bad-ass. We did see some foreshadowing, when he griped out Monkey. That obviously prepared him to take on Stilwell.

                  Yes, Stilwell. The guy who scares all his subordinates, who faced down HL time and again, even psychopath HL, who scared MM and even intimidated Butcher. That guy now gets his shinebox when Hughie demands.

                  That's how you finish up a series!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14171

                    There you go. See you all ugly bastards next week.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Simon Bowland View Post
                      It ships next week, hope everyone's going to be picking up a copy.

                      As for the "Darick's slow art" comment, please don't just make things up and then post them as "facts", that's what gives internet message boards a bad name. The Boys #72 was solicited as a November book and it's shipping mid-November:
                      http://www.dynamite.net/htmlfiles/vi...13018402307211

                      Maybe I should have flagged up the irony with a little flag to avoid confusion. I'm not sure if you've read many of the messages here, but I have been consistently complimentary about Darrick. Nevertheless, thank-you so much for trotting out the company line.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        -___-

                        crap. is hughie tryna be like mini butcher now? all witty and 2 steps ahead and whatnot? because if thats the case the previous comment above about stillwell being the the intimidation king wouldn't make much sense. unless the other previous comment above about characters doing complete 180's BECAUSE THE PLOT DICTATES IT. fuck man all I want is retard mal chemical and butcher to destroy stillwell. minus mcCrea artwork

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DJETHANOL View Post
                          all I want is retard mal chemical and butcher to destroy stillwell. minus mcCrea artwork
                          As someone who appreciates fine literature (I can say that if I voluntarily sludged through both "Look Homeward, Angel" and "The Sond and Fury", can't I?), all I can say is that would make a truly awesome series finale.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by statsman View Post
                            As someone who appreciates fine literature (I can say that if I voluntarily sludged through both "Look Homeward, Angel" and "The Sond and Fury", can't I?), all I can say is that would make a truly awesome series finale.
                            Quite so. As a fan of Proust's 'a la research du temps perdu' I for one would welcome a seven-volume cycle of resurrected thugs kicking corporate butt in literary slow-mo. D'you know... I'm going to let Ennis off the hook for letting Hughie blossom... but it looks like Stillwell is going to be thwarted rather than slaughtered... which I find rather unsatisfying. Unfortunately I'm going to be away when 72 comes out... will catch up with you guys later.

                            Comment


                            • #15

                              Fat Hughie rules NY and tells Vought Guy (drawn differently...AGAIN) to screw himself???????


                              I am not going to like that.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X