Anybody Reading Bionic Man?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Reading Bionic Man?

I am wondering what people are thinking about Bionic Man. I think the storylines continue to be strong. I think Hester has done a great job taking over from Smith. The origin of bigfoot is intriguing.

I miss Lau's art. I will give Tadeo credit that he is reducing the "block head" or square shaped heads. Also, he seems to be cutting down on all of the hash marks and lines on characters' faces. But I am just troubled by the color palette. I cant help but think I am reading Archie. would be nice to get Ivan Nunes back on the color.

I've been reading it since issue #1 and liked it quite a bit but over the last 3 issues or so the art has been so bad that I've decided to drop it from my monthly buys. I'm upset over it but the story has suffered too, hopefully they remedy this soon otherwise I probably will never pick it up again.

Comment

Still reading. It hasn't become so horrible that I'm thinking about dropping the book or anything, but I don't have a real lot to say about it either. It's pretty well down to the tail end of my DE reading pile, although still probably ahead of The Bionic Woman.
      DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

I seem to be in the minority. I really didn't like the first story arc much but I've been thoroughly enjoying the Bigfoot storyline (much more reminiscent of the TV show) and think the art is steadily improving.

Comment

I am really curious to see how the Bigfoot arc resolves. I think Hester is leaving after this arc and Gillespe is taking over.

Gee, wonder if Dynamite would get Jack Herbert to do the art?

Comment

I'm still reading the book but like with what others have said its basically toward the bottom of my read pile currently and I'm not digging the art nearly as I was when Lau was on the book. I'm still enjoying the plot, though.
            Dynamite Entertainment
            Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Comment

I dropped bionic man after issue 11, it just wasn't the same and I missed his red/white suited wore in the last few issues before the creative team changed. I loved Hull, what a great villain.

Comment

I love love LOVE this book!! But, honestly, the art is pretty bad. And it's getting harder to sell every month with the current artist. He HAS improved over the course of the last few issues, but he's still a hard sell.

Comment

I hear you. Wonder if Jack Herbert is available?

Comment

Originally posted by Britt68 View Post
                    I hear you. Wonder if Jack Herbert is available?
                    Other than Kirby Genesis and that one issue of The Shadow, why isn't Dynamite giving this guy more work? I wonder if he's just slow. I was hoping maybe he'd be the guy to take over Masks after Alex Ross' first issue. I'd probably rather see him on Green Hornet or something, but sure, Bionic Man works for me too.

Would a Green Hornet/Bionic Man crossover be too weird?
                    Last edited by positronic; 01-01-2013, 10:43 AM.
                    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

This is scary. I am agreeing with positronic. I would love to see Herbert on more titles. I was really excited to see him on Shadow and disappointed that it was only a one time deal. I could see a crossover where a local thug has a connection to an international operation catching OSIs attention. Even the Arms Race arc could have lent itself to a Bionic Man crossover.

Comment

Originally posted by Britt68 View Post
                        This is scary. I am agreeing with positronic. I would love to see Herbert on more titles. I was really excited to see him on Shadow and disappointed that it was only a one time deal. I could see a crossover where a local thug has a connection to an international operation catching OSIs attention. Even the Arms Race arc could have lent itself to a Bionic Man crossover.
                        Oh yeah, since I posted that last comment he DOES have an new assignment at Dynamite -- MISS FURY.

Comment

Working...
                        X