Does Dynamite publish novels?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Dynamite publish novels?

I just thought I should ask; does Dynamite publish novels.

I wrote one based on an idea I drew from a Dynamite comic. If so, how do I submit?

Thanks

Chris

I'm not sure if they publish novels, not to my knowledge, but then again, i'm pretty stupid so who knows.

As far as submitting stories, the main website has instructions on that, But I think there was a disclaimer saying not to submit story ideas for properties already being published by DE.

I'm just curious, what character is your novel based on?

Oh I just saw that you said an idea from reading one of their comics, that might be different, on the de website go to the part that says "the editor" or "contact the editor" or "some jazz like that"
    Last edited by James; 12-06-2012, 07:05 AM. Reason: ps

Comment

The story was inspired by The Boys (and a hefty dose of Stormwatch).

It isn't fan fiction, though.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisnuttall View Post
        The story was inspired by The Boys (and a hefty dose of Stormwatch).

It isn't fan fiction, though.

Chris
        You could self-publish (through Lulu, CreateSpace, or one of the other print-on-demand services), or you could submit to one of the already established small press "new pulp" type publishing outfits. Dynamite doesn't publish prose fiction, so unless you're thinking of turning your story into a GRAPHIC novel, you're probably wasting your time.

Isn't it ALL fan fiction until you become a published author? Or have you already been published someplace? (No, the internet doesn't count.) I'm sure thousands of people have written a Star Trek or Star Wars novel, but relatively few of them have been published by Simon & Schuster or Del Rey Books. That's not to say that some of the unpublished stuff isn't good, or that some of the published stuff doesn't stink.
        DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

I've got several books on Kindle - check this one out...http://www.amazon.com/The-Empires-Co...pire%27s+corps

And my site has plenty of free samples: http://www.chrishanger.net/

Chris

Comment

Well, Kindle's kind of the limbo between posting on your blog page and the print-on-demand route, but I think what you really want to do if you're serious about a writing career is social networking with editors (and eventually, agents). You could be a genius crying in the wilderness, but if you don't make contacts, you won't get anywhere.

Writer's Digest is one of the best resources. But if you can get an email exchange going with someone already in the business... yeah, it really IS who you know. Just hoping someone in a position to help you out is going to "discover" you by reading your Kindle novel probably isn't going to work. I suppose you can look at it like this, if you CAN make a receptive contact, you've got something ready to send to him or her.
            DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

actually . . . they were going to publish a book a while back, but it got cancelled.

I forgot what it was called.

Comment

Working...
              X