Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new LONE RANGER trailer is...well...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new LONE RANGER trailer is...well...

...my interest has been significantly reduced.

What a shame.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/d...theloneranger/

Mine hasn't. You can't reduce any interest below zero. I could see this train wreck coming from a mile away. I have no plans to ever see this.
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Woah! What a trailer!!!

What are you guys talking about?! The trailer is AWESOME!!!!

I'm really looking forward to this now.
      Last edited by Bjarne; 12-18-2012, 01:33 PM.

Comment

To each his own, I guess.

Comment

I agree wit Bjarne. I am super excited to see this.

Comment

I guess the thing to expect with Gore Verbinski's take on The Lone Ranger is it will be, like every other film he does (Rango, Pirates, etc), different. Is this a bad thing, probably not. There have been a lot of different takes on the Lone Ranger over the years. The 1990s comic with its Aztec space monsters, the 1960s steampunk cartoon, hell, the 1930s serial with its ten different Texas Rangers supporting and playing the Lone Ranger at various times.

Comment

I've been watching the development of a Lone Ranger movie since 2002. I have to say that there are some things in this movie that bother me (Silver in a tree?), otherwise I'm wet-my-pants excited for this.

Comment

Hehehe... I think Silver in a tree may be a vision LR and Tonto are having (after chewing some peculiar leaves, maybe?!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Ranger View Post
                  I've been watching the development of a Lone Ranger movie since 2002. I have to say that there are some things in this movie that bother me (Silver in a tree?), otherwise I'm wet-my-pants excited for this.
                  How did you feel about the 1981 Klinton Spilsbury movie?
                  DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

I actually really love the '81 film (I still have most of my toys from it. Missing Scout and Custer). The only thing I really could do without is the Merle Haggard rhyming narration.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsRollKato View Post
                      I actually really love the '81 film
                      Me too. IMO, it was unfairly maligned because of that whole mishegas with LRI and Clayton Moore. It compares well with other films of the period like Superman and Flash Gordon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjarne View Post
                        Hehehe... I think Silver in a tree may be a vision LR and Tonto are having (after chewing some peculiar leaves, maybe?!)
                        Heh, they did that in the 2003 TV (failed pilot) movie - TLR takes some "stuff" given to him by Tonto, goes on a vision quest (complete with TOnto's sister in a revealing outfit) and Silver arrives as spirit guide. Lets home that they don't follow that trend.

Comment

Aside from the Clayton Moore issue, I liked the movie.

Comment

Working...
                          X