Titles For Trade Buying.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titles For Trade Buying.

I am not saying I am trade buying DE titles, just getting caught up as I head in 2013.
    I got 150 bucks in gift cards to and I am wanting to spend them on trades from DE.

Just wanting some suggestions. I already got these titles in my cart:
    Kevin Smith's The Bionic Man Vol 1
    Kevin Smiths Green Hornet TP Vol 1
    Kevin Smiths Green Hornet Volume 2
    Warlord Of Mars Tp
    Warlord Of Mars Volume 2 Tp
    Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris Vol 1
    Warlord Of Mars: Dejah Thoris Vol 2

Originally posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    I am not saying I am trade buying DE titles, just getting caught up as I head in 2013.
    I got 150 bucks in gift cards to and I am wanting to spend them on trades from DE.

Just wanting some suggestions. I already got these titles in my cart:
    Kevin Smith's The Bionic Man Vol 1
    Kevin Smiths Green Hornet TP Vol 1
    Kevin Smiths Green Hornet Volume 2
    Warlord Of Mars Tp
    Warlord Of Mars Volume 2 Tp
    Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris Vol 1
    Warlord Of Mars: Dejah Thoris Vol 2
    Aren't you already close to the $150 mark?

Green Hornet Year One (Volume 1 & 2) [I'd skip the Kevin Smith ones for a bit and buy these first - they're better written (by Matt Wagner) and more relevant to the GH in MASKS and Mark Waid's upcoming GH]
    Project Superpowers (Chapter 1 & 2) [Nick B. swears it is coming back in 2013; Black Terror and Green Lama are in MASKS]
    Black Terror (Volume 1, 2, & 3) [Did I mention he is in MASKS?]
    Kirby Genesis
    Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist
    Lone Ranger
    Zorro/Zorro Rides Again [Because Matt Wagner rules. And of course you will be buying The Shadow Year One, right?]

Gee Scott, you look kinda young for this stuff but no better time to get started than the present, right?
    Last edited by positronic; 12-27-2012, 01:50 AM.
    DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by positronic View Post
      Aren't you already close to the $150 mark?

Green Hornet Year One (Volume 1 & 2) [I'd skip the Kevin Smith ones for a bit and buy these first - they're better written (by Matt Wagner) and more relevant to the GH in MASKS and Mark Waid's upcoming GH]
      Project Superpowers (Chapter 1 & 2) [Nick B. swears it is coming back in 2013; Black Terror and Green Lama are in MASKS]
      Black Terror (Volume 1, 2, & 3) [Did I mention he is in MASKS?]
      Kirby Genesis
      Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist
      Lone Ranger
      Zorro/Zorro Rides Again [Because Matt Wagner rules. And of course you will be buying The Shadow Year One, right?]

Gee Scott, you look kinda young for this stuff but no better time to get started than the present, right?
      Kinda young? No one is too young for good reads.

I'll check to see if those ones are in stock. I think Zeitgiest and Project Super Powers Chapter 2 is Out Of Print.

Comment

I want gift cards!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott M Davis View Post
          Kinda young? No one is too young for good reads.

I'll check to see if those ones are in stock. I think Zeitgiest and Project Super Powers Chapter 2 is Out Of Print.
          Zeitgeist's TP actually hasn't shipped yet. Should be out in January. Don't know where you're ordering from but Amazon has PSPch2V1 at 10 bucks and PSPch2V2 around $15-16. There was originally supposed to be a hardcover collecting both trades with some extras like they did for Chapter 1, but it never happened
          Last edited by positronic; 12-27-2012, 03:16 PM.
          DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

this what i ended up ordering;

1. Project Superpowers Black Terror TP Volume 1 - 1 @ $11.51 (In Stock)
            2. Green Hornet: Year One Volume 1 TP - 1 @ $15.12 (Usually ships in 2-4 business days)
            3. Black Terror Volume 3: Inhuman Remains Tp - 1 @ $12.96 (In Stock)
            4. Kirby: Genesis Volume 1 Tp - 1 @ $19.75 (In Stock)
            5. Project Superpowers Volume 1 TPB - 1 @ $15.12 (In Stock)
            6. Project Superpowers: Meet The Bad Guys SC - 1 @ $12.96 (In Stock)
            7. Black Terror Volume 2 TPB - 1 @ $12.96 (In Stock)
            8. Project Superpowers Chapter 2 Volume 1 Tp - 1 @ $9.98 (In Stock)
            9. Project Superpowers Chapter 2 Volume 2 SC - 1 @ $15.12 (In Stock)
            10. Green Hornet: Year One Volume 2: The Biggest Of All Game Tp - 1 @ $15.12 (In Stock)

140 bucks before taxes, 147 after.. free shipping.

Comment

PS, If you really like the GHYO trades, you should follow up with the KATO ORIGINS trades (2 volumes). These are 2 solo adventures of the 1930s Kato. The modern KATO series was frankly, a piece of junk.

Comment

Groovy Groovy.

I got my birthday in a month, so I will be getting more gift cards again.. so I'll be doing another round of trade buying then.

Comment

Also wanted to mention I'm not knocking any of that stuff you had on your original list. You should get to the Kevin Smith's Green Hornet trades (and Bionic Man) eventually, and both Warlord of Mars and Dejah Thoris are good reads, as well. Just stay away from Dejah Thoris and the White Apes of Mars. So there's your round two. I also really liked DE's Buck Rogers series.
                  Last edited by positronic; 12-27-2012, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                    X