Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamite titles on sale 1/23/13

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=43276

Lots of good stuff with Masks #3, The Spider #8, Lord of the Jungle, and more!
    Dynamite Entertainment
    Forum Administrator

Check out Dynamite on Twitter here!

Hold on a minute...I've never heard of that Garth Ennis book, but surely that's the logo from the classic British weekly 'Battle'? What's going on?

Comment

The cover is an homage to the British war comics from the 70s and 80s, Garth's a big fan of them (as am I). And with Carlos Ezquerra illustrating the series, it seemed appropriate!

Comment

The MASKS preview was interesting. Especially the cameo appearance by The Clock, the first masked hero in comic books. Apparently in this universe he's an inspiration to the Black Bat, whose origin is now tied to the events of this story. Whether Tony Quinn will be reinstated as District Attorney after the fall of the Justice Party is an interesting question. I was also curious about how they would handle The Shadow and The Spider being in the same universe -- obviously Stanley Kirkpatrick and Ralph Weston can't BOTH be Commissioner of Police of New York City. But since Weston hasn't been seen so far in The Shadow's own series, maybe they were planning that all along. Or maybe Kirkpatrick won't be reinstated as Commissioner after the Justice Party is ousted from power, and will be replaced by Weston.
        DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Masks #3
          The Spider #8
          The Bionic Woman #7

The Spider vol. 1: Terror of the Zombie Queen! TPB

Comment

Originally posted by Scott M Davis View Post
            Masks #3
            The Spider #8
            The Bionic Woman #7

The Spider vol. 1: Terror of the Zombie Queen! TPB
            Me too. Plus Lone Ranger #12 and Lord of the Jungle #12.
            DE pull list: Will Eisner's The Spirit: The Corpse Makers, ERB's The Greatest Adventure, Green Hornet '66 Meets The Spirit, PSP: Herokillers, KISS/Vampirella, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Isn't issue 12 of LotJ the final issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Bowland View Post
                The cover is an homage to the British war comics from the 70s and 80s, Garth's a big fan of them (as am I). And with Carlos Ezquerra illustrating the series, it seemed appropriate!
                OK, that's me sold on this series!
                Nice to see a reminder of one's childhood once in awhile...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott M Davis View Post
                  Isn't issue 12 of LotJ the final issue?
                  Nope, LOTJ is continuing......but Peter Canon is ending soon, unfortunately.
                  Dynamite Entertainment
                  Forum Administrator

Comment

nice, would #12 be a good jump on point?

Comment

Eh, I would probably try to pick up the back issues of the series to learn Tarzan's roots as well as the story of how he met Jane and her family.
                      Dynamite Entertainment
                      Forum Administrator

Comment

I know most of the back story of Tarzan, so I should be too lost. I grabbed issue 9-12, as the first trade collects 1-8.

Look forward to reading it.

Comment

Working...
                        X